Battle For Middle Earth Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I play Battle for Middle Earth, for about 15 min or so, it gives out a repeating sound then freezes. A couple of times I got an error message: "exception_access_violation".

I worked with Tech Support, they suggested that my grahics card didn't have AGP Status enabled in the DxDiag, and that I was sharing the same IRQ addresses with my Graphics and Sound card. I corrected them and game still crashes.

I read a forum about Game Copying software being installed on your PC, and the game codes tends to disable games. I deleted and uninstalled them all, still crashes.

I flashed my Motherboard, and updated all my peripherals' drivers; Graphics card, sound card, AMD chip, and my DVD and Cd drives, still freakin crashed.

I even reinstalled the game many times, to no avail .........crashed

Ea Tech Support also sugested I update the chipset driverson my Motherboard from the nVidia website, which I did, and my PC completely crashed. I had to reinstall Winxp and lost everything.

The Game really rocks, I Want To Play!!! :hotbounce

View my Specs in my Profile :wave:

I have the same problem...

This happened to me too. Repeating sound and the graphics froze up. I actually got a game fix (crack) and it now works fine. Yea, the game is awsome. Try that and see how it works.

fishing***** :grinthumb

BeeBadger said:
Ea Tech Support also sugested I update the chipset driverson my Motherboard from the nVidia website, which I did, and my PC completely crashed. I had to reinstall Winxp and lost everything.

If your PC crashed because you updated the chipset drivers then you either installed the wrong ones or something was seriously wrong with your Windows installation.

I have the CD version now instead of the DVD version. Still crashed, where do I get the CD Crack? Gamecopyworld only had the DVD version.

If the file exists I'm sure you can do some searches on the web for them pretty easily. Sharing/promoting those sites which are geared towards piraters is not discussed on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back