Battlefield 1942 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has to do with my graphics card or the game itself, but everytime I play BF1942, from the main menu and onward, the resolution seems to be messed up, sorta like how words you look at 3D glasses with would look; the cursor also lags. When I try to load a map, it simply just does not load. The game does not crash or anything, but it simply does not load any maps.

But the odd thing is that sometimes the game starts off fine, and I can play the first map I load, but when the second round starts on a different map, the same problem occurs.

I'm not sure if my card if overclocked or anything, but all my other games that I play work as usual. If anyone could give me any suggestions, that would be fine. I just pray I don't have to get a new graphics card.

The card is NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500, by the way.

The graphics card shold work with that game. Do you have any newer games that are working? Do you have the latest patch for bf 1942?
It sounds like an overheating issue, so can you tell us what temperature the card is running at and can you give us the rest of your system specs?

Oh, this is odd to me because it has never happened before. It started maybe a few days up to a week ago. That leads me to believe something else...

I have the latest patch for the game and all the other games I have work fine. That War Rock game, Enemy Territory, Guild Wars, all that.

I have no way of checking the temperature of my graphics card that I know of.

My system specs are:

Processor: Intel Pentium III(r) with SSE (Yes, I'm lame.)
Memory: 128MB

And tell me whatever else you want to know. I really have been meaning to check for dust inside my case. Maybe that could be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back