Battlefield 2 Crashing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiCubs05

my battlefield 2 constantly crashes to the desktop while i play it. i ran tests on the RAM overnight and no errors came up. i'm monitoring my system temperatures and the core temperature is 32C and both of the hard drives are under 35...so its not a cooling issue. here are my specs

AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor
2G GSkill RAM
GeForce 6600 GT Graphics
250 GB WD HDD
80 GB WD HDD
Aspire 500W Power Supply

now in speedfan the +12V rail reads idle at 9.15V. i've heard it could be power issues but i highly doubt that is the issue either.

can anybody help me out with this, possible solutions? should i patch up to the latest version?

always up date your patches. They patches usually describe the issue that is suppose to resolve. I am running BF 2 and do not have that issue.

Is it just your BF2 crashing or other things as well?

should i patch up to the latest version?

Yes always patch up everytime one becomes avalible, even if it's a small patch that fixes up a bug on a map because it keeps your game up-to-date so if there is a new patch out it can save time in DLing them =P

Go here http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest and see if your system is good with BF2, It looks like it can run BF2 perfect but just to make sure =D

Also if you havent already see if there is a new driver for your videocard

Do those two things are you should be good to go.

Welcome to the Battlefield. If you have 2142 my name SGTMOOSE

I finally have my dogtagged BJ-2 Knife.:cool:

I ajust made captain silver:D

I am at work right now and bored out of my mind. I will be on later today

TimeParadoX said:
Boo work sucks :haha:

I love my work, its just that everyone who is my customer is on vacation but I still have to come in and do stand by in case something happens, so I am here twiddling my thumbs and do petty work

You CPU is one of the main things wrong. When I first built my computer right off the bat I found it's OCing limit. Once just to see how much of a difference it made was huge. BF2 laged badly. This CPU runs BF2 nicely at 2.3GHz anything under and you get lag.

Add me guys CrossFire851

You play BF2142 Crossfire? if you do me and Smores ganna go own some newbies when he gets back from work :haha:

I am working on my Major silver (Thats 20k+ points, all legitimate, no stat padding)

105 dog tags
98 unique

I eat, sleep and dream BF2 and 2142.

Yes I know its sad

I have all the unlocks for Recon,Support and almost done with Assault.
I hate engineer but I will ge to that one last

If you unlock the stuff in 1st player will it work online? Because the day I got it I didnt play 1st player :D

I would look directly at that crummy Aspire power supply. It has a poor reputation for reliability and quality. Also, if the 12V rail is reading 9.15V and if it's accurate, look no further. You are ignoring a monster clue. It's way under voltage. It's time to replace it with a good quality unit.

bighead(kor) said:
Location: can't tell u cuz this guy came to our skool saying "do not say where u live" :-DDDD

You can give out your name and city but not your address or something.

(gets the 10 gauge ready)

CrossFire851 said:
You can give out your name and city but not your address or something.

(gets the 10 gauge ready)

LMAO!!

Screw the 10 gauge, too messy. My .45 does the job just fine

:haha: L85 assualt rifle sucks, Get a tank with a M60 on top with side windows that shoots out RPGs then have a back door where all the soldiers can run out with their M16-M203 :D

TimeParadoX said:
:haha: L85 assualt rifle sucks, Get a tank with a M60 on top with side windows that shoots out RPGs then have a back door where all the soldiers can run out with their M16-M203 :D

Ick... You Americans have absolutley no clue about superior weaponry heheh Our L85 Assault Rifle more commonly known as the SA80 (the name for a family of weapons, Including the Light Support Weapon and the recentley issued carbine variant for Tank crews) happens to be the 2nd best assault rifle in the world behind everybodies favourite AK-47

Ive had the pleasure of the L85 and believe me its seriously kick ***!!! I know what my weapon of choice would be... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back