Battlefield 2 gets laggy part way through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omicron91

Hi there, I recently got a new rig so I figured I'd test it out with a higher end game like BF2, unfortunetly there are problems.

Playing on Single player, just to get the hang of things, I can run it fine, but eventually half way through or sooner, the game gets really really laggy, like 2-5 fps or worse, I cannot explain this, can anyone suggest anything?

Specs: 1.83 gHz Intel Core Duo
Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M (256MB)
2 Gigs DDR2 RAM @ 666(?) mHz
80 Gig 7400 RPM HD

From what I can tell this is far above recommended specs so whats going on, why can't I run on even the lowest quality?

EDIT: Added Everest report.

Attachments

• Report.txt
    41.8 KB · Views: 5
I have heard of some issues with the quadro seires cards and BF2, but nothing like you describe. Do you have any other performance issues with any other games? Does the error happen at a certian time, or just after awhile. You may have a heat issue, which is hard to solve in a laptop.

I would say its either your internet connection or your graphics card. I play on Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and when it gets laggy, its due to me downloading other stuff on Ares (P2P). Ive seen people coming in and out with bad graphics cards or faulty cards with REALLY low FPS, 1-5. New card sorts it but in a laptop ive never replaced anything. I would say its much harder. You should have a look on your Laptops firm site to see if you can get them to fix it, free of course.

I think it might definitly be a heat issue because I've seen my CPU temp get over 80C while gaming, but I've played HL2 and HL2 episode one for hours and never seen it lag like this. In fact I've never really had issues with lag and I freshly formatted yesterday.

80°C is too high for a mobile CPU. Like AtK SpAdE said, those heat issues are hard to solve in a laptop.

Also, I think that Quadro's aren't very good for gaming, they're not designed for that.

wolfram said:
80°C is too high for a mobile CPU. Like AtK SpAdE said, those heat issues are hard to solve in a laptop.

Also, I think that Quadro's aren't very good for gaming, they're not designed for that.

:( Oh... well crud... that really sucks, I was hoping I had gotten a good laptop for gaming. In that case what is a good card for gaming, top of the line? I think I might build a desktop then because I just got addicted to battlefield and now I can't play it :(.

It would be best to play using a desktop PC. How much can you afford for a completely new gaming machine (if you want to do that)?

wolfram said:
It would be best to play using a desktop PC. How much can you afford for a completely new gaming machine (if you want to do that)?

Well, I can't afford much now, in a couple months I'm getting a good job so I'm just wondering what to look into, maybe 2000 max?

I'd like a good video card and would like a dual core processor but with a higher clock speed so that I can still run single processor games.

You can get a great machine for 2000. You can get a Core 2 Duo CPU, a X1950XTX 512MB video card, and 2 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM, and that machine would be terrific :eek:

:( Unfortunetly when it comes to video cards I'm rather dumbfounded, everything else I'm fine but videocards stump me...

Don't worry, we can help you. When you get the money, come back here, and we'll help you to pick your PC parts.

BTW, I think the 7950GX2 is a little slower than the X1950XTX, because Nvidia's drivers for it still suck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back