Battlefield 2 hangs and crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems loading and occasional blue screen of death issues with Battlefield 2. thought it was an older ATI 9600 128M all-in-wonder card, so I upgraded my computer:

ASUS A8N SLI Premium MB
1M Corsair paired 512
3800+ Athlon dual core AMD
ASUS GeForce (NVIDIA) extreme 6600 256M PCE
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Sound

Got the motherboard, cause I'm gonna run dual 6600's later, but thought 1 should suffice for BF 2.

Any solutions to load and crash problems? I've installed all new drivers etc...

Tried downloading Vietnam mod and update (though i already have BF2 v1.12 that was recently purchased. The downloads from even different sites do not run completely???

Any help would be super.

Rootin'Tootin'Robb

PSU, what's the make and watts?
Can you play any other high end games without crashing?
Is it heat related, do you have good cooling on the CPU and case?

Have you increased your HunkMegs or heapmegs in the game? This dedicates RAM for the game use, I use 1/2 of my RAM for most games. HL2, COD2, DoomIII.

Battlefield 2

650 watts. dual 80 fans. Power has 2 fans too.
With and without overclocking. Dual Hitachi Deskstar 250 drives SATA RAID stripped. 2 additional PATA drives for storage--no RAID on them. Plenty of watts, cooling, etc... The game seems to be the problem, but BF1942 with and Desert Combat mod is also acting up. I had no problems with BF1942 on my 2.8 barton with AMD 9600. Could be some unusual other issue.

Any suggestions?

Rootin'Tootin'

kirock said:
PSU, what's the make and watts?
Can you play any other high end games without crashing?
Is it heat related, do you have good cooling on the CPU and case?

Have you increased your HunkMegs or heapmegs in the game? This dedicates RAM for the game use, I use 1/2 of my RAM for most games. HL2, COD2,
DoomIII.

how do you do this?

i used to have an nvidia card (FX5500) and whenever i played games, the pc just blacked out, as in the screen went black and only way was to restart. my mate also had the same problem with the card FX5600, but he set his so an error message came up.

im wondering whether its just something with nvidia cards...

BF2 hangs and crashes

I think I may have found the solution.
I installed RAID drivers, but not the nvidia controller. Was also getting a RAID controller message when booting, but ignored, as the drives were working and I thought maybe Windows was just not familiar with the nvidia stuff.

I've re-installed with both drivers and controller. Have yet to try the game, but I'll let you know.

Thanks for the help though...

Rootin'Tootin'Robb

I had crashes every 5 mins just like everyone else. So I upgraded my psu. Upgraded video card. Upgraded my cooling. The fact is, at least for me and others Ive talked to, is that the crashes mysteriously just go away after many many nights of frustration. It doesnt seem like one certain thing makes this game run clean, but many ,many different little things together. Or sometimes, its nothing at all and it "just" starts working. Stay strong. Kill fast.
Ryan.
3.0Ghz P4
6600GT
430 watt psu
Asrock mobo
1 gig ram

Punkbuster and EA are Bad and Crash BF2!

:unch:
Hey just face the facts! EA Games in combination with "Punkbuster" are the real cause. Look who owns "Punkbuster"! GameSpy of all companies. Every where on the net people talk about the number one crashing game being "Battlefield2"!

Used to have the same problem with "Counter Strike", until they dropped "Punkbuster"! And face it they are trying to run a next generation game on the old engine. It loads slow no matter what kind of computer you have and no matter how much ram you have (I have AMD 64x2 proc with 2gig ram Nvidia 6800 Ultra). I hit "tab/alt" to desktop, then Control/Alt/Delete and find Battlefield 2 is taking over 850 megs ram! I like playing the game, but EA is now insisting on loading yet another "DRM" piece of crud on your system. That even if your just installing the demo to run before buying the game. Bought the game and it still crashes and won't let you delete the DRM even if you uninstall the game. They don't own my computer and that really makes me angry.

This game crashes after I just login or blacks out! Sometimes it crashes my whole system. It just plains sukks! I play many hi powered games and absolutely none of them do this but BF2!

I do notice that if I create a new login name, it runs great for quite awhile and this is why I think it is related to either "Punkbuster" or the server setup from EA. Oh yea I do have "Need for Speed Most Wanted", and it will crash to the desktop on occasion as well. :eek: It's EA Games!

Boycott EA games, take back the power over our own computers! :dead:

my bf2 crashed and it was due to an outdated forceware driver for my motherboard,, i use forceware 6.66 and it works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back