Battlefield 2 Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the game after playing the demo for about 6+ hrs :p, put it in my dvd drive and it loaded up all fine
i chose the language and clicked "install" on the BF2 Autoload screen and....nothing happens

ive tried manually opening the "Setup.exe" but when i do it comes up with the error: "set8F.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
(the number is different each time)

ive also tried copying all the files onto my computer but when i do that, halfway through the copying process i get the error: "Cannot copy xpackSwedish_autorun: Cannot read from source file or disk"

i think i might have a faulty copy but it could just be my disc drive or something, i need a second opinion, can anyone help?
I really dont want to send it back or i wont see it again for about 2 weeks :'(

thanks

If youve got another computer, or a friends computer try installing on that, it is often a good way to rule out a faulty disk.

Possibly a conflict with files left over from the Demo version? I would try and scrub your PC clean of ANY bf2 files/regestry entries and then try to install. I know first hand uninstalling bf2 is not enough, the game leaves bit and pieces of it scattered all over your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back