Battlefield 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scyap

when ever i start Battlefield, my screen will turn black for about 3 seconds and return back to my desktop as if nothing happened

help

my specs are :
2.8 ghz
pentium 4 Windows Xp pro
512 mb ram
ATI RADEON 9200 128mb VIVO with latest catalyst drivers

I had the same problem as well, and yes, the solution to this problem is to reinstall Battlefield 2.

Graphic card!!

Negative dude... That graphic card is not supported in battlefield 2.

Try one of these:

Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

I beg to differ on the last statement. I was using a radeon 9000 pro with 128mb of ram and I ran pretty smooth on all low settings. This also was with a P4 1.6 which was under the recommendations. I just ovecompensated on the ram using 2 gig's. :giddy:

Yah. you´re right. that list is just an small part of what you can use.

Im using an 6600gt AGP, and i´ve seen it rolling in 9550, 9600 and so´on.

:unch:

But the sintoms were the same that happened to a friend of mine and he had to buy a new graphic card!

i hate ATI !!!
why didnt they...!?
damn!!! this stupid graphic card cant play SO many games!!!

try srtest.com

Bf2 Not Running

Hi guys,

Also, what may result in the BF2 kick-off, is not updating to the newest patch ... and sometimes, even if you did update, if you install BF2 SF, you may need to re-patch ...

Best Regards

The proble is that Battlefield demands one small requirment that not everyone notice:

1.4 pixelshade( or pixelview or something like that)

some ATI are very good but only have 1.3 and the game just don´t start... when you start the game, the screen goes black and then back to windows...

Sorry about the bad news... :hotouch:

Yeahhh ... !!!

Reformado said it all ... check your videocard specs and compare with BF2 minimum specs ... I had to change my ATI RADEON 9200 128MB AGP ...
I had the same problem ... "INTRO & BLACK SCREEN" ...

Now I have the BFG 6800 ULTRA OC 256MB AGP ... :unch:

But beware ... the BFG 6800 needs 480watts and a free PCI slot beside the AGP slot.

Good Luck & Best Regards ...

The "black screen then desktop" is usually a symptom of unsupported hardware. You can't be 100% sure though since a bad installation can also cause this.

If you look in My Documents, Battlefield2- there are some folders.. some containing logs and mini-dumps. These mini-dumps and logs can be used to determine realistically what the REAL problem may be.

I'd see if there is a mini-dump or log of the failure. Often times, some 9000-series cards are stripped- missing the vertex engine or T&L engine (these usually are "SE" or similar modeled on the box/product number). These will most definately not play BF2 as it needs hardware T&L and at least DirectX 8.0 shader support.

Old drivers or Windows Update/Windows cd drivers can also cause this. You need Catalyst drivers from ATI in order to get full DX8.0+ support from your videocard.. as well as have the correct AGP/chipset drivers for your mainboard installed for these to work properly.

When I had that problem it was because I forgot to disable my internet security. Also, hit contro alt delete and in taskmanager click on processes and close out(end process) any under "owner" except taskmangager and explorer. This worked for me.

Good Luck

I´ve seen 2 similar problems.

1 - a friend of mine had a TI4200(i think) and had to change because he couldn't play, same MO... Double click, blank screen, desktop.

2 - another friend of mine with a 9200 and same MO... that one is waiting for a new card oportunity...

Sorry to say this but NVIDIA rocks...

bf2

Question Has anyone had any success in running bf2 on ati 9200 pci cards or is everybody on the black screen boat with me? i have updated my drivers and directx to 9c and removed bf2 and reloaded it. no luck would consider changeing video cards however runing on laptop with builted in ati 9000 mobile card with standard pci slot for external video card. cant find ati other than the 9200 or 9250 card. can you run nvida card with ati disable through xp?

i dont see any text files
i see .DMP files... which i cant open!!!

yea! has anyone played bf2 on 9200 in success ?

Similar problem

This weekend I experinced a similar problem. I send my 17" for exchange friday night, but because i'm an battlefield addicted I clean the dust and put on work my good old 15"...

Problem: When start bf2.exe the screen goes black and back to desktop.

I went to my documents/profiles/default00/video.anything like this
edit the file and changed from 1024x768@75hz to 1024x768@60hz

started bf2.exe the game started but when I choose the player the screen black again and desktop...

I went to my documents again but this time in the profiles I choose the 00002(I think) it's the other one and changed the same thing.

My 15" couldn't support >60Hz :eek:

Maybe I could help anyone with this ;)

:darth:

Batlefield2 Help!!

Its weird just when im done loading battlefield2 and i go in to choose my weapons and stuff BUT my mouse or keyboard wont move and sometimes my PC crashes and restarts PLZZZ HELP...

battlefield 2 help me omg!!!

i installed bf2 on my computer and i downloaded the pathes for it upto 1.41. after doing this i decided to play this and it ran perfectly, the second time i tried i came up with an error message of somesort... so i keeped clicking the desktop short cut and eventually with about 10 double clicks later i got in and played fine.the next time i couldent even get in even while i was spamming the shortcut and i couldent get past the error message. i have deleted the caches in my docs>bf2 aswell. and i have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same problem and i have selected the corrected screen setting and hertz

i am running mad athlon 2.2ghz
1gb of ram
512 Nvidea en76000gs top silent
and dirctx 9.0^

someone plz help me i love this game

mailpup said:
What is the error message? Next time could you make a note of it?

Hi, there is no error message. I've updated DirectX, Install BF2, Install the patches. Then i try and run it but the screen just goes black. So i was wondering if it was something to do with my NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GT/GTO graphics card?.

Actually, I was talking to the poster, kazer989. He/she mentioned an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back