Battlefield 2 problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed the game using the default settings a couple times, and I have restarted the computer right after every time. When I go to start the game the screen turns black for a couple seconds then the game shuts down completely. Does this mean my computer doesn't meet the system requirements? The only thing I found that doesn't meet the requirements is that my computer has 502mb RAM (it says it needs 512), but I thought it would still work. Anyone got ideas?

I guess I should have posted my video card. I'm a complete noob at computers but I ran dxdiag and this is what it said for display.

Name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chispet Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chispet
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz) (I read that I should change the display mode to 800x600, so I tried it and still had the same problem.)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

According to the Intel website your Intel chipset does support DirectX 9 but does NOT support Transform and Lighting which is required by BF 2. You are also short of RAM as you mentioned. The integrated graphic chipset steals some of your system RAM to operate. For that matter, integrated audio also uses some system RAM, so you have even less available for games.

So your integrated graphics solution does not meet the minimum requirements of the game. Basically, you have a non-gaming PC. Like most budget PCs, it is fine for running most common business applications (Word, Excel, etc.), surfing the internet, watching DVDs, listening to CDs or simple, low demand games. It will not run most high demand games such as BF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back