Battlefield 2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarvis

Ok, so I just got a new SATA II HDD. I put it in my machine and installed BF2 on it and I have seen an insane performance decrease. On single player and multiplayer my fps will drop to 10-20 when not looking at a wall. My old HDD was an IDE 40GB. I am wondering what the problem could be because BF2 ran great on high settings before I got this new HDD.

Specs:
Athlon 3700+ Sandiego @ 2.5GHZ
ASRock 939 Dual SATA
1 GB RAM @ 450Mhz
Geforce 6800 16x1, 5vp

This is a fresh install of XP and the only programs on the HDD so far are:
Norton Internet Security 2005
BF2 (updated to current version)
AIM
Updated Nvidia Drivers
Windows SP2
Mobo sound and ethernet drivers.

I think I may try to just reinstall BF2 and see if that works. Maybe it was updating it with the new patch because on my old HDD I did not have the patch... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BF2 Problem

The only thing that I could think of is the driver for the HDD. Its not required for most HDDs but I would definatley recommend installing the driver. I also am an avid BF2 player and I am running on almost the same system as you and have never had any lag so there is definatley something wrong.

Yes, if you haven't already installed the SATA controller drivers, I would do so.

Hi,

BF2 is the game for me ... too :grinthumb

Also, I would take a look at the HD manuals and see if your MOBO Setup is compliant with the best/optimal settings of the new HD ... sometimes the MOBO Setup is not delivering the best HD performance ...

Good Luck ... and Best Regards,

I have a ASROCK P4V88+ mobo and in the manual it says that if you are wanting to install windows 2000 or XP you need to make a SATA driver diskette before you start the OS installation, dont know if this helps but might be an idea to check your manual. ;)

SATA Driver

Either your mobo or your HDD should have come with a disc to install the SATA drivers. Or windows XP should recognize the SATA HDD's and automaticaly install the appropriate drivers. To check if the drivers are already installed go to control panel-system-hardware devices and look for your HDDs.

omg i hate it

well i am new to ur forum hi but to the real quetsion here i have bf2 and it keeps giving me this question on my networking is not conected
but i am connected so i was like wtf. wat is wrong any one plz

On my ASRock mobo 939Dual-SATA2
there 3 places to connect your hard drive,
- 2 BLACK x SATA 1.5Gb/s connectors, Support RAID 0,1,JBOD,
- 1 RED x SATA2 connector (based on PCI E SATA2 controller JMB360)
I was having bogus sound choppiness, in Bf2..
tried everything I could think of and I decided to look into the case and see what I may have done wrong.
In a desperate act I decided to power down my rig and change over the Hard drive connectors, powered up and the sound was perfect!
My original connection config was BALCK SATA 1
then I switched to BLACK SATA 2 and this did the trick.
hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back