Battlefield 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akio

Yes, yes I know... I've finally returned! Sadly, work has kept me busy. Something you all will understand in a few years... or you may already understand! Hahaha. Anyway, I finally got my computer fixed a few months ago and I've been dying to test out the Battlefield 2 demo. (Downstairs computer can't handle it!) I played it for a few days..... straight.... :rolleyes: and just had to buy it. I went to our local Costco and bought it a few days after it's release. I talked to my friends about it, and they stated that it would be out. Suprisingly! When I arrived at Costco, there were hundreds in stock. (That's Costco for you) I installed it almost instantly when I arrived home and began to play it. Sadly, when starting the game up I thought it would let me set my graphics, Resolution, etc.. up very high. I realized, I could only set Geometry and Lighting to High, and the rest would stay at medium. This startled me, because I can have Battlefield 1942, America's Army, Battlefield Vietnam, Counter Strike Source and many other big titles on high. Without it ever lagging, shutting off, restarting my computer... it's just amazing...

It also took me roughly.... 15-20 minutes to figure out the settings it could handle. It has to be at a certain settings too, or else it will lag, give me nothing but blue buildings, completely freeze up, etc. I've been pondering if this is due to a patch, or lack there of, or could this be because my computer just won't handle it? Have any of you ran into this? Help would be greatly appreciated... or just your input.
My computer Specs are-
Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 FX-57
Motherboard:
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Memory:
2 GB DDR
Videocard:
Geforce 7800 GTX OC

Thats ridiculous. Your system should make that game its b*^%#. Have you tried reinstalling your video card drivers?

Yes, twice.... once with software that came with my computer. The second time, BF2 recommended that I get a newer version, so I did.

Hmm, that is pretty ridiculous given your rig :grinthumb and I was going to buy this game for the 5th time this weekend (everytime I talk myself into it I read posts like this!). MY specs are close but not as good as yours and if you have probs I don't know. I was in a local PC shop last weekend and this staffer was talking about BF2 and how it's great etc. His rig is AMD64 3200+ on ASUS SLI Premimum (forget what model A8N?) with the X800XL and he was NO probs whatever. So who knows with this game!
Did you get the latest update patch for BF2? Mobo drivers? Below is all he had to do.

Quoted from mellfello420:
kirock you were right! I love this game now. I updated mobo and no problems now! I'm so stoked!!yyeeehhhaaaa
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35008

I'm guessing it's either A.) I'm unlucky, or B.) It's because I don't have the latest Patch. Who knows.... I mean, this same computer just completely erased all my stuff on it awhile back, so... it could be reason A! Hahaha. :grinthumb

You should be running this thing very smoothly - I run it at 1920x1200 on a 6800 Ultra. I think it's either reason A or maybe a conflict with some other software you've got installed? The only area that gives me problems is the user interface for options. It's very slow there - just like it is for many other users.

Did you completely "uninstall" and clean the drivers before you did your reinstall?

Im having some serious trouble running it, even tho I have an ATI radeon 9200 256mb graphics card and 760 -somethin ram I still cant get it to run. The Game starts up and when I get to the main screen It just goes wacko. I cant click anything to create a profile or anything and then it goes black but i can still see the mouse. Any help?

I appologize, its a 9250 and I get to about the lady saying Welcome to Duty- and it cuts to a black screen. I cant do anything after that. I havent been able to find my AGP setting to change them from 8x to 4x... but Im working on it. Any help?

I don't think it supports the 9250 either. Even if you magically got it to run it would be almost unplayable especially with under 1 GB of ram. What do you have for a CPU? You should really look into getting a Geforce 6 series card. A 6600GT or a 6800 can be had for under $150.00 US; just look on newegg :slurp:

Right now I have a 2.6ghz, I did have 2.8 until I bent pins trying to modify it and that royally screwed my day... But yeah... Im actually looking into a Geforce or a Radeon 9500. Either one should work....

A geforce 6800 with 256mb would be capable of running it? Of couese i would have to have a PCI card but still I think it might work. Know where I can get one fairly inexspensively?

Yeah that card would run it fine. I have a 6800 128mb it I run everything on high with 60+ fps..but I have my card unlocked to 16 pipelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back