Battlefield 2142

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Anyone been playing this?

While at first I had strong moral objections, once I found a way around that I must say this is one of the absolute most awesome FPS Strategy games I have ever played.

The game is far less buggy than BF2 is, and brings a much more coherent form of teamplay together.

Personally, I love it.

Soul Harvester said:
Anyone been playing this?

While at first I had strong moral objections, once I found a way around that I must say this is one of the absolute most awesome FPS Strategy games I have ever played.

The game is far less buggy than BF2 is, and brings a much more coherent form of teamplay together.

Personally, I love it.

Why would you be morally objective to play this game? Its not gory, its violent content but no blood.

2142 is not as squad orientated as it should be, too many people are being individuals.

The weapons are good but the upgrades are a bit useless.

Sprinting should not be an upgrade and adding a extra 3 rounds to a side arm is pointless. Who the hell uses the side arm anyways.

BF2 is better over all until there are new patches applied to 2142

I agree the last 2 of the player unlocks are pretty retarded

I had moral objections to the in-game advertising

I don't think the unlocks are at all useless. Example, the L-AR for Assault is way better than the stock rifle, though not as powerful. I think the entire kit customization system adds a lot of coherence.

I actually have seen a lot more teamplay than in bf2, especially on titan mode. Often a support kit will get in the rear area of a corridor and setup a shield, while a recon will lay traps and an assault will keep people revived and prowl the other hallways.

I've also boycotted buying this game as I find EA's methods of charging full-price of $49.99 for a game that is basically a fund-raising/advertising vehicle a very insidious practice.

That being said, I have had the pleasure of playing it, and as an avid BF2 fan, I really enjoy the game. It has a lot of the same gameplay in some ways, but a lot of fresh, new gameplay in other ways. Overall, the look and feel of the game and map design/mechanics are very well done.

I'm waiting for EA to either reduce the price to $15 or under (as this is the most I'd pay for a banner/ad vehicle on my PC) or drop the advertisement door entirely. More and more it looks like the ads may never even get implemented, which would make about 5+ purchases for my LAN a quick sell. :)

The Titan mode is pretty awesome. But graphically, there's not much difference between it and BF2. Also, in-game, all the soldiers look pretty much the same. But the price doesn't justify an adware loaded game so I'm making do with the demo until all the problems are fixed/go away.

I get TKs some time because it is hard to distinguish bewtween players, especially when your in your defense mode.

I am not sure about you guys but I do not experience LAG on BF2 but I have it on 2142.

The knife is a good tool but needs a better action, you can not see where you are swinging at thing.

The fixed a cannons are a little slow

I live BF2 more, at least at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back