Battlefield II performance preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin44

alright battle field 2 is a demanding game, we all know that, now i know i can run bf2 on my new comp(thats still coming in the mail) but i want to know if it will be smooth i dont wanna play a game that lags hardcore.
Here r my specs:
Amd Anthlon 3000+
120 gb hd
1 gb ram
Nvidia 6600 GT
Asus deluxe motherboard

To my knowledge the game will run fine on that hardware. FYI, BF2 looks for emulation software on your PC and will not run until its removed ( or any possible workarounds are found). So you may want to consider this before buying the game. I know for a fact it looks for Elby's Clone CD software.

Highly recommend another gig of ram.I had a xp 2400@2600 with 1 gig and a 6800,(asus v9999 td 325 core 700 ram) ,ran fine with everything on medium,once another gig went in I was able to put most options to high.(not textures or terrain though)

No worries dude. The specs of my rig is similar to yours.

A64 3000+ Venice
1 Gig Ram
GF6600GT

most of settings are set to high less 2 others that i sent to medium. Smooth as silk, buddy.

i guess 1 or 2 gig rams dont really matter for bf2. You load into the game faster if u have more rams. i would say 2 gig of rams for bf2 is abit overkill.Thats what i think.

I have basically that spec and it ran fine on high settings. I always find myself loading the next map and getting in the game before most of the other players. Its often enough time to get to a point and capture it. I only have one gig of ram and 2 is probably unnecessary.

ya its runs smooth as a babys bottom, but i thought bf2 was causing my comp to crash and i traded it in and i found out it was i had the automaticly restart setting on :( and they wouldnt give it back to me the bastards, but i do have cs source and stuff( my xfire is austin44 if u wanna play a game or whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back