Battlefield Vietnam - Server Connection Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akio

Hey guys! In Battlefield Vietnam, I've been having problems with the Server connection. I created a server and had my friend join (not through direct connection), he claimed the server didn't show up. We tried it a few times after that, then I gave up and told him to make one. Now I can join his servers, but his internet sucks so it lagged a lot. I was a bit curious about being able to join his server, so I tried to join my own server with 'this' computer (which is hooked up to my server making comp), sadly it did the same thing as when he was trying to join. Although the server did in fact show up! Anyway, my friend and I aren't on the same network, but is it possible to have him "somehow" enter my LAN? By the way I have Wireless Internet for the computer making the server, so could that possibly have an effect? Like a Firewall I am unaware of? Help would be greatly appreciated!

I'll post my Computer specs incase it helps -

Motherboard - Giga-Byte GA-8KNXP
OS - Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Processor - Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz
RAM - 1GB
Video_Card - NVidia GeForce FX 5800
Wireless_Connection - Linksys Wireless-B USB Network Adapter 2.4GHz, which picks up my Linksys 2.4GHz Broadband Router. (Running off of Cable Internet by the way)
Battlefield_Vietnam - Running version 1.2 and just so you know I used the Dedicated Server, BFVCC Server Manager vers. 1.00_Beta and I also ran the non-dedicated server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back