Battlefield1942 help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have installed 1.61 patch then installed 1.61b patch. Still getting failed to connect. Turned firewall off same. Installed new mappack..... same. What else is there? I even got a wrong cd key error once? Plz start from very beginning of doing this from installing game itself for a tard like me and many out there getting ready to toss bf42 in the waste basket. If you were to go out and buy the game for the first time what would be the procedures of getting in a server and enjoying the game instead of hours of downloaded non-resulting agony! Thanks.

hey i have this same prob with my bf1942 and i think iv tried everything and nothing works it sucks, well hope some1 fixes ur prob (and mine ha)

fixed

It was a bought game off ebay and couldn't find a good cdkey i found out, but loaned my old bf1942 out and the guy who has it never plays online so got the cdkey off that1 from him works fine now. One thing i did notice though is right before game itself is finished installing u have a black box pop up on screen and if it's blank it is not going to work but if has commands written in it before finishing installation it will work. Hope this helps u!

Install CD

Insert Serial Number

Load all the disks.

Create an account and remember your username and password

Download patches and punkbuster (a seperate program)

Login and start blowing stuff up:hotouch:

I have BF2/BF2 SF and BF 2142 and I have never had those issues.

Never had that problem either. If you want to play BF42 that badly (and I highly recommend doing so, and be sure to download the DC and FH mods, there are still many players online) just go down to the store and pick up a cheap copy.

BTW, the guy above me is a notorious BF 2142 stat padder.

I was wondering if I download the Desert Combat Patch will it stop me from joining other servers that don't have DC? And what is FH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back