Battlefield2 computer running slower

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBN

Since i have installed battlefield 2 i have noticed my system running slower. I have done all the usual tweaks such as defragging disabling unimportant startups etc but i still feel like my pc has slowed down.

AMD 2400+ Athlon XP
1.5GB DDR RAM
300GB IDE
6600 AGP 8x
MSI kt4v-l

any suggestions appreciated. thanx

ps
usually the last thing to startup is zonealarm. but now just before it loads the system waits a while then zonealarm starts up, unlike loading up straight away.

Check for viruses, they like to slow down computers. Also, if you play offline, disable zone alarm, as it may interfere with some apps.
Check the task manager and close as many apps as you can. That works for me.
If your machine doesn´t respond, i would back up everything and FORMAT IT. That really works when the machine is slow.

lol easy way out yet works.

what the problem bases on is the bf2 engine intself. The engine wants to take static things like models and put them on your hdd. I kno its supposed to go to ram but life aint fair. What happens is that stuff stays on your hdd and is loaded each time bf2 loads up. Now the newer patch is supposed to fix this problem. chex to see if you have the latest patch. if not try a format like he said.

but i strongly recomend a new cpu because if you wana play good games you need to have the power to run them, yours can do it but sluggish. Belive me I know :) i had 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back