BCCode - no blue screen just constant rebooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a couple people on here that have analyzed these minidumps to give an idea as to what is going on - I'm at my wits end...

I have an Abit NF7-S2 motherboard with an ATI Radeon 9500 video card. 3 160GB HDD's and 1GB 400MHz DDR RAM. Not overclocking, nothing fancy.

I am getting these weird reboots - no blue screen and at random times. I've gutted the machine down to the video card/single HDD and I'm still having the problem. It occurs whether I have the MB/Video drivers installed, or not.

The strange thing is - I was having a very similar problem in the system that this brand new hardware replaced (using the old Antec case). I had 2 sticks of 512MB RAM and dropping down to one 'seemed' to fix that problem. So, I bought a brand new MB/RAM/CPU (AMD Athlon XP 3000+) and I'm still having these issues.

My dump file is attached - anyone who can make sense of it, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm game for buying a new video card if that's what it takes - but I can't figure this one out. It would seem to be a RAM or CPU issue - but it's happened twice and this hardware is brand new.

Oh, I've also swapped out the ATI card with an older NVIDIA GeForce card I had and it STILL does the same thing.

Please help!

Argh!!!

So, I decided to change the RAM (I have 2 / 512MB sticks of slower RAM PC2700) just to see if that changes anything.

I thought I was good to go - no weird reboots when I updated the chipset/ATI video drivers - then I was defragging and got whacked again.

Here's a couple more dumps - please help me figure out what the hell is going on here!!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back