Be Boot Loader: Too Many Disks Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

Hello everyone,

As stated in a previous thread, I recently got in my possession a copy of BeOS Personal Edition v5. The installation went all normal and it installed regularly. I make a boot disk, and the process runs fine. Then I reboot to check out my new OS. While Loading, the Be Boot Loader says "Too Many Disks Error," and will not boot into BeOS. If I eject my boot disk, than Linux's GRUB loads fine and I boot right into DOS (Win), normal as always.

Any idea what I can do about this problem? Is it my boot disk?

Where did you install it and what's your hdd partition layout? I've heard that because of some small changes in XP's NTFS, it doesn't work with it. Win2k's NTFS has no problems, and neither do FAT partitions.

*edit* It might also be because of XP's boot process that doesn't allow DOS-like apps to run - PE's bootloader is one.

/me wonders where his earlier post went :confused:

Anyway, I'm using GRUB so that really shouldn't be the problem, right?

Here's my partitioning strategy:

Attachments

• partitions.jpg
    partitions.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 13
As the "normal" installation of PE is only 500M image, I recommend installing it to your primary partition. Your disk layout doesn't tell what the filesystems are.

FAT32 for everything except the blue highlighted one. That part. really needs compression ;)

Should I move the whole thing or install again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back