Beach PC

schizoid77

Hey..I'm leaving for the beach for 10 days. Figure I'll run an extension cord and a spliced cat6 cable from the house down to the water so I can enjoy the rays and the frags at the same time. Do you think sand and salt water will be bad for it?
Also, should I apply any type of sunscreen to my case or monitor, maybe some Armor-All or something....?

Now what games should I bring, perhaps I can get a good surfing simulator and actually pretend I can stand up on the board without getting the wind knocked out of me and swallowing a gallon of sea water.......hmmm.

Does Microsoft make beach towels?

;) wish me luck

-see what happens when you're bored at work on the Friday before u leave!

any computer geek

i give two hours in the sun..........before, ........everything............is fried :hotbounce

i don't know how good the sun heat is good for the pc.... I think jsr you are incorrect and 2 hours will be too much :grinthumb maybe you should buy a parasol, so you also don't fry yourself...

And no, Microsoft doesn't do beach towels..... still...

My HP Deluxe Oceanic Edition came with a built in parasol(rear serial port) and beer holder(front drive bay), right above the cigarette lighter so I'm good like dat!
The only thing that will fry are yet more of my brain cells......

good god, someone shoot me :dead:

Heat notwithstanding, do you have any idea what salt air on the beach would do to the metal components of your computer? If it doesn't burn up from the heat, I can't believe the salt air would do it any good in what would more than likely be a short life. Also what about the sand in the hard drive and cd-roms and fans. Sand makes for a short life in moving parts.

In other words, don't do it.

ummm, interesting responses to a completely asinine post. Thanks for the suggestions but I would never take my computer on vacation with me....umm, never. At least not to the beach yo...wooooooooo.
There's other hardware I like to check out instead :)

c'mon

computer geeks on the beach, hopin' to get lucky?.........now, that's some funny stuff :D

take a laptop with a sattelite connection, take an alluminium one (try get a 17 inch one) so when you close it u can tan your face :D

Back