Beat Half-Life 2 and still have no clue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did the story go here? I can't seem to figure it out. Can somebody please explain the story behind all of this because I sure can't. At least Doom 3 stuck it out there pretty clear for all to see, but Half-Life was still a very incredible game.

It is only the second part of a triology.
So you'll only be able to piece it all together after HL3.

You can also find a summery of what has happened so far (including HL2) here... Or at least so I'm told. I've yet to complete the game (due to exams), so I'm staying away from such places until I'm through it.

You're welcome :)

Valve started talking about HL3 sometime last year, and from what is floating around on the net, it would seem we won't have to wait 6 years for it... They're sticking with the Source engine (though they'll probably modifiy it somewhat), and then it's "just" a matter of creating the (full) story, create the art and design the levels, which might only take about 2 years...

I think thats a good idea keeping the engine and such, that way it can rise to the surface 2x as fast :)

---agissi--- said:
I think thats a good idea keeping the engine and such, that way it can rise to the surface 2x as fast :)

Well on the other hand, HL3 won't be as big of a leap ahead as HL2 was compared to HL1. I would rather wait 6 years. If I wanted an expansion pack I would stick with mods.

wow, acid, its been long since i've seen your name on the boards :) Good to see ya back posting.

anyways, ya you have a good point, Im with you on that one, but with all the whining on HL2 taking forever, maybe its for the better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back