Beeping computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter was in trouble so I unplugged the computer without turning it off
and now when I plug back in all it does is beep
the monitor just says no signal
nothing displays on the monitor at all
the beep is the same pattern 1 continuous beep with a short pause in between

Before I experiece that. what i did i opened my computer i find the memory module I'd remove then install again just like unpluging the power cord and pulg..

That beeping you hear is called a POST code (power on self test) which the Mother board bios performs on startup. The beeping is code, usually different styles (long or short beeps) depending on the manufacture and problem.

Best thing is make sure nothing is loose in the computer (ram stick?) how hard did you unplug the computer? My guess is the ram so that is where I would start.

Make sure all is secure inside(unplugged while doing this) and restart system(plugged in :))

The company who made the board has a website. Most motherboard manufacturers post their beep codes on their website.

We have seen a number of computers destroyed when unplugged in that manner... particularly MacIntosh machines, but some Windows machines as well... It appears that a spark follows the plug out, and electrocutes the motherboard when the spark reaches the case or anything vital.
I would be very suprised if you can fix that computer without replacing the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back