Belkin G USB Wireless Adapter Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjb

Bought this adapter a few hours ago, and after attempting to install it, have decided to console trusty techspot for advice. Basically, I followed the "Easy 2-Step Guide" that Belkin provide, to its entirety, and the result was that when I opened up the Belkin wireless utility it couldn't find a signal, or even a network.

So, first thing's first: move closer to the router. So I did...to about 1.5m away, and still nothing. Hmm. Then, after much playing around with useless settings in the utility I decided to call Belkin support. The guy spent 20 minutes getting me to do this and that, and ended up saying that I had to change a channel or something on my BT router. Does anyone know if this could be the answer to getting connected to the network, and if so, how do I change the channel thingy?

As always, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
CJB :)

some obvious things to check first;
  1. is the router configured to ALLOW wireless (it can be off)
  2. did you check your pc device mgr to see if the device is enabled

Thanks for the quick response!
1. Yep at the moment there's one other desktop running wireless through the router.
2. Checked and Enabled.

The problem was that the TCP/IP setting in Internet Connections was not set to "Automatically Detect". After changing this, the connection now works fine.

Thanks to those for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back