belkin wireless network encryption problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I bought a Belkin wireless G router a few months back and encrypted it within the first week, not writing my encryption passphrase down. Yesterday, the internet stopped working for a time and I thought it may be a software problem, so i reinstalled the Belkin utility on which teh passsphrase and encryption access was saved. I cant remember the passphrase now and so cant get past the encryption to use the internet. I've piled my pc into my room so i could plug the pc internet the actual modem and not the router. I dont know the encryption passphrase to use the wireless router, and thus cant use any of my wireless equipment, can anyone help?

For starters I would try to connect to it through a ethernet cable directly...then you can reset your WEP key. If this is not possible, on all belkin routers there is a hard reset button. It should be located on the back. Hold this down for about 10 secs and your back to factory defaults.

Hope this helps.

Just plug your computer into the router with an ethernet wire. This will allow you to login and change any settings, and reset the encryption passphrase.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back