Bent Processor Pin, Now no Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets start out with the specs, abit kv-80 motherboard 1.5 gigs of ram 7800 gs video card, 22" widescreen monitor 3000+ amd 64 bit processor. Here's my issue, I went to change the processor ( ihad an extra one thats faster) and found out after taking mine out the new one was a different socket type, so I put my old one in and booted my pc, I got no video, Turns out after examing my processor i bent two of the corner pins, i easily bent them back upright and both of them are straight, they both go back itno the slots and the proc fits exactly into the wholes that it should without forcing it. ( now keep in mind i ddi not unplug any cords or jumpers from the motherboard during this process) now when i hook everything up i get no video but fans lights keybaord leds and all powers up, When i turn off the computer via power button or power supply switch i get one short beep, I was told this is normal and means my system is fine and running normal. I have also tried reseting the jumper for the cmos and to no avail, aswell as taking the battery out of the mobo for 30 minutes booting without it and replacing it then rebooting with it, always get no video. I have also tried putting the monitor cable into the onabord video slot and i still have the same problem.

p.s
when i say no video i mean the moitor light stays orange.

Take out the video card, and then put it back in. Sometimes pushing down on the heatsink getting it installed will make the video card slip out of its slot a bit, especially if you left the screw in that holds the plate to the case.

If that still doesn't work, take out your 7800 completely and only try onboard.

You did unplug the computer before going and messing around with the innards, right?

Just plugging the monitor to the other video port is not enough. To get a picture from your onboard controller, you may have to remove the discrete video card.

Reseat the 7800 first. No reason to try the 2nd suggestion until you've done the first, unless of course you are just ignoring me.

Well that makes no sense. Your video problem isn't related to your CPU. Your CPU might be damaged, you may have damaged (doubtful) your motherboard. Buying a whole new computer because 1 part broke is probably the dumbest thing I've read on these boards this week. But hey, if you don't want to follow the solid advice given by Nodsu and myself, then happy hunting for a new pc.

Hello, KKYYLLEE, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

Mate, if you've tried other things, or even the suggestions by SNGX and Nodsu, then let us know before you blow your money on a new pc, unless you're so loaded that it's just pocket change. All you need to do is pull out your graphics card and put it in again, and let us know if you get a picture when you try booting. Nothing more, nothing less :)

SNGX1275 said:
Buying a whole new computer because 1 part broke is probably the dumbest thing I've read on these boards this week.
Well put ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back