Best AGP video card??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Quick question, I want your opinion.

What do you think the BEST AGP video card is right now? No overclocking or wierd stuff, normal with normal drivers.

The motherboard can handle the latest AGP you can find, that's not an issue. And also I'd like it to be less then $400 or around there if possible. What is the best and/or what is the best at this price?

I am thinking maybe an ATI Radeon X850XT 256DDR3 ($394 OEM newegg).

What do you think?

Hi. Best AGP card is the x850xt pe. Beats all the rest hands down. It is overpriced and you can get some that come close for less money but do what i did and buy an X80XT PE you wont be dissapointed my friend. If price is no object no one can argue that the x850 is king.

I had the HIS Excalibur one comes with the extra cooling on top and looks wicked.

Ya I thought the x850 was best, glad they still make 'em for AGP! But ATI doesn't seem to have a "pe" version on their site http://www.ati.com/products/radeonx850/radeonx850series/index.html

Just XT and XT Platinum Edition for AGP. I would want to get an ATI card, or MSI. I don't know anything about HIS or if they are good etc...

I think I will stay with ATI, cause I have an Nvidia 5700 Ultra right now and I've seen more Nvidia error messages with game crashes then I care to list. So I want to switch to ATI and try that for a while.

:) "But ATI doesn't seem to have a "pe" version"
"Just XT and XT Platinum Edition for AGP"
And the abbreviation for platinum edition is...

It's ok, we all do it.

"But ATI doesn't seem to have a "pe" version"
"Just XT and XT Platinum Edition for AGP"

Yeah as vnf4ultra says the PE is platinum edition.
I used to run the nvidia 5950 ultra card before this and i would say that nvidia cards are very good cards, it served me well for 12 months or so.
The only reason i went for the x850xt is that it is the best card out there for AGP but like i say you can get cards that come very close and will save you 100 pound or so. Just depends if you have the money to burn i suppose.

The HIS version is very good and a quick search on google will bring it up.
I think the main difference with the HIs is that it features an Arctic Silencer 5 cooler silk-screened with HIS' artwork mounted on it.
Here's the specs:-

HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X850 XT PE ICEQII 256MB DDR3 VIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (RX850XTPE-AGPVICEQ) (GX-033-HT)
The HIS X850 series advances High-Definition Gaming with blockbuster features, including SMARTSHADER™ HD, ATI's highly advanced pixel shader engine. With up to 16 parallel pixel pipelines and up to 43 billion shader operations per second, the HIS X850 series delivers the power serious gamers need. SMOOTHVISION™ HD combines advanced texture filtering with ATI's revolutionary 3Dc™ image enhancement technology to deliver brilliant image quality without comprising performance. 3Dc™ has quickly become an industry standard for supporting complex, high-definition visual effects in real time. With its sophisticated board design, the HIS X850 series is the ultimate technology for today's newest and most demanding games. Power throttling technology together with the complex fan control system vastly improves overall stability and performance. The HIS X850 series also features ATI's incredible display architecture, now with dual-DVI support. With output to HDTV capability, big screen multimedia and gaming is now larger and sharper than ever before. Users can simultaneously view on analog and digital monitors, including TV or HDTV, for the ultimate gaming, multimedia and applications multitasking experience. The IceQ cooling system draws cool air from inside the case and exhausts warm air outwards. This prevents the fan from recycling warm air to cool the VPU, which increases cooling performance and lower the air temperature inside the case significantly.