Best/ backup/ ghost/ mirror Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
And "safest" means what?

Why do you think one poduct would be less "safe" than other? Of all those that you have tried this far, what do you find lacking?

And what do you want to back up? Just data files or an image of the whole drive? Do you need incremental backups?, automated backups?

Data files and image. I have not tried any of them. I have just been reading about them. I guess I mean ease of use .

For data files I would recommend Genie Backup Manager - there is a free download from their site. The freebie is missing a few goodies such as incremental backup but this is in the pukka edition and works a treat. They have just released version 8 so make sure you get that one.
For imaging the best is probably Norton Ghost - no freebies available, I'm afraid. Purchase on line from Symantec.

There are 3rd party software, which allows to make different types of backups, backup specific files and folders, backup the hole drive, clone hd and so on. I use Acronis True Image. If you are looking for a freeware then True Image has a free trial ver.
I use it for making different backups from my work files to the hole drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back