Best Backup Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the past 2 years of agony of backup software that are hard to use and full of bugs , at last i found a software that is considered user friendly and really great from Genie-soft , www.genie-soft.com , thank you guys for backup manager pro it is a great program user friendly and easy to use .

While this borders on board spam, I'll bite.

You really should try Acronis TrueImage. Great program, decent hardware support, does background/online imaging, and even has server based solutions. (Thanks yet again, Rick, for pointing this out.)

BTW- Welcome to Techspot!

and i advice you in using Genie-Backup Manager Pro as your Backup solution best program on the net :))it is very user friendly .

Originally posted by Rick
You won't be disappointed with Acronis TrueImage 7.0. :)
Most backup software I've tried does indeed have bugs, but luckily, these only show up with some machine configurations (for the most part). I did some googling on True Image, and even here I found many users calling this software s**t, so go figure. Out of all the ones I've tried, symantec ghost has been the least troublesome, though I use Drive Image 7, because I like its features, despite any bugs. :)

PS: Genie-Soft Backup Manager does not create drive images, it only backs up files.

TrueImage offers all the cool features of Drive Image (like backup of system partition in Windows) without all the terrible bugs.

Any program has problems though. I can just say I've had terrible experiences with Drive Image, where I have not with True image.

Something that really cool about True Image is incremental imaging. It actually images the difference between your last image and your current data, so a 1 hour backup might only take 10 minutes because it reuses the last image you made.

This is a feature I've been waiting for for a long time.

Ghost has been really reliable for me too. But having to restart my computer and spending nearly 2 hours to image my data is too much to keep a daily backup.

image backup is very time consuming what i care about is my essential data , but if i only loss some files alone i cannot do that with image back up cause it just takes snapshot to the total drive but what if you lost some files this is where genie-soft comes in handy for your preciouse data folders , and if a system crashs why do you want to restore it all back so it can recrash again ???
all i care about at that time is my data folders .

If you read what we had said above about Acronis...

The first image takes time.

After that, it does incremental imaging, which takes maybe 1/10th the time. And it can be done in the background, while you use Windows, if you like (although I much prefer it have its own CPU time).

If a system crashes, there's no indication of why something happened. Due to the incremental nature of Acronis's images, you have a chance to restore to several points, and maybe you can whittle down where things went wrong.

Originally posted by Rick
Ghost has been really reliable for me too. But having to restart my computer and spending nearly 2 hours to image my data is too much to keep a daily backup.
Actually, Norton Ghost v9.0 runs under Windows (no rebooting), can be set to perform scheduled backups, and even does incremental backups.

Here's the product page ...

Norton Ghost v9.0 (the latest version of Ghost

This probably makes it the best solution in my book, as I've never heard any bad reports from Ghost users. However, Symantec did buy PowerQuest, so it would appear that they have now incorporated the best bits from Drive Image into their own product line.

A review link ...

Norton Ghost 2003 Review (not the latest version of Ghost

what i really need is a simple easy to use friendly software i am not that in depth with computer systems so genie-soft backup program was the easiest to use and i am happy with it , thanks for all your advice .

Oooh! Very nice.

I'll have to give Ghost 9.0 a spin. I haven't kept up with Ghost since 8.0 & 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back