Best card for £150?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

I'm after a new graphics card and have £150 to spend, which would be the best card for me to get (or should I save up more). I got oblivion for my xbox360 and to be honest, i prefer morrowind much more and they ain't going to backwards compatible it to xbox360 (took ages upto now) :( so getting for pc, just needing a card which is basically going to give me best performance on this game mostly.

Edit: would be cool to play some of the newer games out today aswell though, any advice be much appreciated =o

Cheers in advance
Paul :)

I recommend an nvidia card, always get a model that ends with either GT or GTX. GS and GSX models have deliberately limited performance, but they cost less. You're better off getting a GT or GTX model. If you provide some specs of your system (mobo, PSU, CPU, RAM, etc.) i could be a lot more specific.

Thanks zephead, I can give you an idea of what I have now but can't remember off the top of my head.

2 x 512 geil ddr2 ram
asus nvidia mobo (this is what im not too sure about model etc)
amd 3000+
2 x 250 maxtor hd's (1 i use for windows / games / apps - 2nd i use for storage)
currently using the onboard gfx card (ati blew up after 3-4 month usage)! I think i'll go with nvidia next he he
psu (i would have to get back to you with this)

Hopefully this will be of some use I will get all the proper details later tonight when i'm home. thanks for the info on the t/s ranges (didn't have a clue about this) so it's always better to go with gt / gtx.

Cheers matey
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back