best compresion??

Status
Not open for further replies.
None...if you need more space..get a slave drive..File Compression worked on98 boxes only because the size of Hdd,s was limited..it always created problems also...sooner or later...imo.;)

no, its not that i need space, i have a large file that i want to but on a cd, and its about 1.2 gigs and i wna try to get it to 700mb

I see...i doubt any compression software will reduce it that far..have you considered a DVD burner??

I see..i havnt used compression since 95..lol*..maybe someone else has an idea for you..good luck..;)

Any compression software thats worth anything will be able to split the file into segments of your choice in size. I'd split it in half and put it on 2 cds.

WinRAR is my personal favorite.

Popular compressors like Winzip and Winrar will compress most mixed content to around half it's size. That should fit on a single disk. If not, both can span multiple volumes and create 2 parts that can be burned on seperate discs.

~jim

HJ split

if you want to split it up onto two different cd then try getting hj split

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

you will need to put the program on the computer that u are transfering the files accros to so that u can join them back up again.

its a very usefull program i have used it for many things

Well, it mainly depends on what format(s?) you're trying to compress. Rar, Cab or Ace are probably good compression formats to try out though. I'd not put much hope it those compressing it by that much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back