Best driver/video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

russfraz

I need a new video graphics driver/card-i have WIN 98, IE 6.What would be the best driver/card to install?

What do you do with the compueter? Are you a gamer? If not a gamer a cheap card like the nVidia MX4000 or Radeon 9200 is perfectly fine.

loaded driver didn't work

I've downloaded a different driver,that is compatible,but it hasn't seemed to helped-do i have to re-install it,or what?My pictures still look like cartoons.

do i need graphics card/driver/tv tuner?

Windows98,IE 6.Pictures are grainy,off-color-i downloaded directx 9,but that didn't seem to help-should i re-install it(i was told that this would also fix my problems with clicking some links,or email links except yahoo).Hasn't fixed that problem either.I'm stumped.Thanks for the reply.

What graphics card do you have installed at the moment? Windows 98, IE6 doesn't tell use anything about the graphics card you have.

what grapics card do i have?

Well,i'm not very pc savvy,i went to everest and here's what i found;standard (vga) driver,i'm told that it's just to get windows up and running.Windows devices;standard pci graphics adapter,pci devices;trident cyberblade ail video adapter,via vt8501 apollo mvp4 chipset agp controller,via v8501 apollo mvp host pci bridge,irq 15 shared graphics adapter(vga),yamaha opl3-sax wdm driver,video codecs;iccvid.dll version 1.10.0.6 cinepak,ir32_32.dll indeo r3.2,ir50_32.dll,version r.5.04.15.2.41 indeo video 5.04,msh261.drv version 4.3.2203 microsoft h.261 icm driver,msrle.32.dll rle,msh263.drv 4.3.2203 microsoft h.263 icm driver,msvidc32.dll video1 pci/agp video device description trident cyberblade i7,open gl microsoft gdi generic version 1.1
If there's info on a video graphics card here,let me know-should i try installing directx again?Maybe a motherboard problem?Thanks for your time.

Graphics card

If u want to find the graphics card, Right click my computer, Click manage, Click the + sign next to system tools to make the list drop, click devics manager, then click display adaptors. IT should say thats its a graphics controller which is the same thing. Then give us the exact name of it.

What Video card do i have?

Thanks for your reply-here's what i show;VIA BUS Master PCI IDE Controller,standard PCI grahics adapter(VGA),current file vga.drv,*vdd,yamaha OPL3-SAx WDM driver.
I hope that this helps-Ineed to know what to do.

" devices;trident cyberblade ail video adapter"

That is what you need.

You need to find Windows 9x drivers for the Trident Cyberblade, perhaps a specific model of cyberblade.

trident cyberbalde driver ?

Thanks so much-I hadn't the slightest idea of what driver that i might need,if it was a video card problem,or even motherboard.I'll try to find something comparable,probably an upgraded version as this seems to be a preetty old pc(built in '98)

Soul Harvester said:
" devices;trident cyberblade ail video adapter"

That is what you need.

You need to find Windows 9x drivers for the Trident Cyberblade, perhaps a specific model of cyberblade.
I have found,downloaded,unzipped and extracted the trident cyberblade-However,it doesn't tell me how to install it!How do i install?Thanks.

Look in the files that you downloaded, there should be one that says setup, double left click on it.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back