best Grafics card with 350W PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krillk

ive had a problem for some time now.. ive got quite a bundle of money.. but not quite enough to go buy a new Computer all together..

my current specs are:
IP4 530 3Ghz 800FSB
Geforce 6800 256MB PCIe
1024 MB (2x512) Samsung PC2-2400 533 Mhz
350W DELL PSU
Socket LGA775

i was going to upgrade to 2048 MB of the same RAM and the Inno3d Geforce 7800GT but then i started wondering.. what if.. i could get a BIGGER card.. hehe.. since i have a DELL .. and an irritateingly custemised one at that.. my PSU aint normal.. so i cant realy upgrade it.. so.. whats the most powerfull Grafics card that i can run with that PSU?.. and please be secure about it.. wouldnt want to end up with a computer that cant run..

the 6800 PCI-e is the highest that you can go...the 7800's require 450 watts, same with the ATI X1K series, 450 watts

7800's require 450 watts
My xfx 7800gt says it requires a 350w psu with a 20amp or greater 12v rail, and it's factory overclocked so it uses more power than a "stock" card.

oh, is that so?.. xfx.. its no a brand i know.. but the one im getting is PERCISELY matching Nvidias normal specs for the card Grforce 7800GT.. wich basicly means my PSU SHOULD be able to handle that ammount of power outlet.. though i onely have 18 amps on my 12 v rails.. hmm..

edit: its Inno3d Geforce 7800GT that has those specs.. i just cant find a min. wat supply for it..

btw thanks for then info vnf4

wow! nice! if thats the case i should be running it smoothly.. i did some test somwhere.. cant remember the site.. and my PSU was running some 310Watt WITH my Geforce 6800 card.. so i should be able to run it.. whew.. thanks dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back