Best HARDDISK

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi1777

Hey can anybody tell me which is the best harddisk drive for which i should go??????????I need atleast 250 gb or more of diskspace so suggest me the best HDD with their latest price ????????Thankyou.

FFS What is best? Do you want the fastest hard drive? The one that makes the loudest noise? Or the one that will be too much for your PSU? Or the dead slow one that actually lets you sleep at nights?

IMO the absolutely best "hard drive" would be an HP EVA4000 series hooked up via a dual channel FC controller. Go an buy that :p

You can get 320GB, 500GB, 750GB or 1 TB are now available. Maxtor was the best buy Seagate owns them now. Still the same people just migrated into seagate. Everyone here is pushing SATA II 300MB per sec. You can still use them with SATA 150 just change the jumper over.

Hmmmmmmm.....Thankyou i will go for seagate sata 2 but i wonder whether my motherboard support sata 2 hard drive.

sata2 is good, but dont go bigger than 320gig because it'll burn out if you dont have good ventilation or cooling in your case. also try for the 16mb cache

Yeah u r right teranius but i think i have good ventilation or cooling in my system case................Right now i m thinking whether my motherboard support it or not.

google your mobo and check. if you have the cash also rather take 2 250's or 320's, you'll get faster reading speed

One more thing i forgot..............Can anybody tell me what is the maximum limit of power supply i need to install seagate sata 2 500 gb drive..............Currently i have installed a server board Power supply with maybe 450 watts or more power. Is that all i need????:)

No yaar i think my mobo does not supports sata 2...........I have checked the intel website and found that there is no mention of sata 2 in the list of configuration for my motherboard...........I found the following info there:-

SATA (ports) yes (4/Black/Fully Shrouded)
PATA (ports) yes (1/Black/Fully Shrouded)

Nothing else is mentioned regarding harddisk support.......

Hey teranius if u find something then send me the link of that site too................Awaiting your reply.

i looked, but couldnt find the exact details. what i could do was a comparison with the intel d945gccr which i know does support sata2. sorry i couldnt find what you were looking for, so unforetunately you'll have to decide whether you want to take a risk and buy the sata2 hd

Ok teranius than plz suggest me a fast sata harddisk drive with 250 gb or more freespace suitable for my mobo.........

im going to take a gamble here

your mobo is up to date so it should support sata2, in which case id recommend a samsung spinpoint 320gig 16mb cache hd

I have all Maxtors mix group Ultra 133, PATA 133, SATA 150, 5x 60GB, 1x 120GB, 3x 200GB, 1x 250GB, 1x 300GB, 1x 320GB these are in 4 built boxes some have more than 4 HDDs in them. But Frankly if you cool the case correctly you shouldn't have problem with 500GB with heat..

Example: 320GB would be 298GB free to use.. where as a 300GB it would be 289GB free. 200GB is 189GB free only the 120GB there it's only 114GB free. 60GB are 57GB free.

Hey guys thanks for your suggestion and espicially to taranius.................Actually while searching intel site for my mobo supported features i found the following info:-

Serial ATA (SATA)
3 Gbp/s

So taranius what do you say dude?????My mobo supports sata upto 3 gbps of speed so i think sata 2 works on my pc...............As far as diskspace is concerned i will first settle for 250 gb drive(since u guys pressing me for cool case and i don't want to take risk)and then if i need further disk space i'll buy another one................:approve: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back