Best Intel motherboard manufactuer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligar

Hi all, i'm going to make a new pc and need advice on the best Intel mobo manufactuer.

I dont want Asus as i've had nothing but problems with their boards and there software is disfunctional ****e.

Thanks...

uh, the answer to that would be the intel corporation. i don't know exactly what you mean but intel makes the best mobos.

It would be helpful if you stated what exactly do you want from your motherboard. Features, price, size etc.

lost faith,

the reasons intel makes better mobos are plainer than you'd probably like. back panel headers, performance, layout all play a role.

Abit the best? LMAO

First off Lostfaith is on something. We have pulled Abit boards out of the box and the platic parts would fall right off! As far as the best mobo thats your pref. I have an Intel 875PBZL with a P4 3 GHz. I love this board, no onboard sound or video to interfer with your own stuff, up to 4 gigs of ram can be installed of DDR 400 or slower, up to the P4 3.6 with the 512k, 1mb or the 2mb cpu's at either 533mhz or 800mhz. I used to love Asus until I had one catch on fire, the only one to ever do it but not a good selling point for a board. Gigabyte is pretty much next to Abit, MSI is pretty good but I still go with Intel. If you want a lot of tweak and extra options Asus or MSI is the way to go, if you like a great board that won't crap out then it's intel. Also this board has Raid 0 or 1 options for the two SATA connections, very sweet. Quick thought, if you get a Pentium then who would make the best most compaitble boards for it? Intel or the other guys? Good luck.

your words ring true, talon. it is rather common for various asian vendors to include minimal soldered on parts and then give you a bunch of cheap headers, taking up numerous rear slots. my intel D865PERLL has everything neatly soldered onto the board, with only 1 extra header (fits at the bottom wher ethere is no PCI slot) and some front panel connections. also, intel seems to give much care to the layout of thier boards, thier engineers will make sure to place parts where they will not block other things.

my friend has a gigabyte board and to install his CPU cooler he had to use a bench grinder to grind off the corners to avoid the numerous capacitors placed too close to the CPU socket. it's these things that don't show up in the specs that you have to be aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back