Best memory for the ASUS A7N8X

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillai

Hi guys!

I've been away from the ASUS A7N8X scene for a while.
Could you guys help me out?

I need to know what the best (PC35000 or above) memory is for the A7N8X Deluxe motherboard.

I currently have 1 stick on 256mb OCZ PC3500 not sure if I should stick in another one or sell it and buy a different make of memory that's better...

I'm hoping to stick 2 sticks in for this dual-channel technology on this board.
I'm looking to overclock and I also need the memory to be stable.

Thanks to all replies in advance.

well, if you're looking for the best bang for your buck definately corsair....but I'm not sure if the 3500 sticks are on asus's qvl list.....But I know for sure the the 3200 sticks are...
Anyways, You need to make sure that what ever stick you buy is on the qvl list, because the A7N8X is VERY picky with ram...

But, If you are planning to overclock, then I stand by corsair either the twinx or just the cmx model numbers!

Here 's a link to the QVL page for the asus A7N8X...

http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7n8x/A7N8Xqvl.htm

Hope this helps :)

Give a link to the motherboard you are currently using.

And on behalf of A7N8X I don't think you can hit over PC3200.

In terms of brand, I've never had any problems at all with either Crucial or Kingston. By no trouble at all, I mean in the rare event of there being a fault, they replaced the memory within days.

Dpending on where you live Corsair can a bit expensive. If you are on a budget, Crucial and Kingston are good choices. Otherwise get Corsair, it's a plus if you plan to overclock it.

Ram

I have the same board and I put in two sticks of Mushkin 512k pc3200, and it's running smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back