best overclocking freeware

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadanman2k1

Hey, I was wondering what is the best overclocking utility. I heard about Powerstrip or is there something better. My rig is down there. Just in case there is chip specific overclokcing utility. TY in advance,

I personnaly would not recommend using PowerStrip! I've used it before, and there is nothing wrong with it, but theres not a whole long right with it either!:rolleyes:

The best one in my opinion is Riva Tuner! This can be downloaded here: Guru 3d

This has been talked about before though:
Which Program To Use?

Laters

I've used Ge Force Tweak Utility, NVMAX, Powerstrip & Riva Tuner. Riva Tuner is the hands down winner! I've got a MX400 PCI also & if ya get Riva: I can help ya tweak yours. If you believe 3D Mark 2001: I'm faster than the AGP running GF2 Ti/Pro/Ultra cards w/DDR & similar CPU. :D Only GF3's, 4's & Rad 8500's score higher. :eek:

For the CPU: CPUCool @ www.guru3d.com can't be beat. Power Tweak II is awful, IMO.

What mobo are you running? Can you get into the BIOS settings?

Suggestion: go to www.cnet.com & run the 'Update my Software' 1st. Get all the updates you feel you need from the scan, install 'Riva' & 'CPUCool' & then 'Defrag' the HD. Now you have an updated & clean system & if you need help w/Riva or CPUCool: we're here. :grinthumb

HTH,

For just clock settings Coolbits can't be beat. It adds an entry to the registry to enable the clock frequencies Tab to your display properties. For more expanded features like Aniso and AA settings I also recommend RivaTuner. I use both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back