Best P4 overclocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi! after spending a year or so in the amd camp, i've decided to make the jump to intel :D

i've seen that the intel northwood cpus overclock really well, so i was wondering what would be the best cpu to get (for overclocking)

almost everything i have read points to the 1.6a, but i also heard that the 1.8a was a good overclocker...how about 2.0a?? the 'b' processors are expensive and dont seem to overclock very well...

the motherboard i plan to get is an asus p4b533-v

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :cool:

Well Intel discontinue making tha 1.6GhzA so maybe you can still find some. Your motherboard can support 400 and 533 FSB. Since you dont want to move to those chipsets I would recommend tha 2.0GhzA

I have a friend that will be over-clocking a 2.26 Ghz to 4.3 Ghz using an A-bit motherboard. I'm not for sure which one, but I can check on it. Anyhow, it's going to be water-cooled. He used to work at Intel and informed me that Intel releases the chips running only at 60 percent of it's full capacity to have a true, stable CPU, so... most Intel chips can be over-clocked. Let me know if you want any further info...

That's a lot of overclocking. Sounds more like liquid nitrogen cooling than water. But if it works with water, let us know :)

P.S. Welcome to Techspot forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back