Best Pentium D MoBo, with DDR-400, and PCI-e

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1N3ST

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116255 I have decided upon getting that, because it appears to be good, is 65nm and has a multiplier of 17, and 4mb L2 cache. I need a good mobo, with ddr-400 support, 1 or four slots is fine, and a PCI-e X16. Any help would be appreciated. And make sure the mobo is overclock friendly :), i may also get a good Zalman fan, can you also find one of these that will fit this processor.

Umm, anything under 100$ But i dont really think that they'll be over 100$ m-ATX or full ATX would be fine, although, i would lean towards full ATX, for upgradibility.

Not necessarily. I would google your processor up, and try to find a compatible motherboard. You can also write out another post saying something in the title like "Help Finding Compatible MoBo" or something.

I decided upon a C2D E6400, 2x512mb DDR2-667, and a antec case/PSU. I have my X1300 PCI, which should hold me off til i sell my system, and my old 5500fX.

Well, good luck :giddy:!! I didn't know they made the X1300 in a Pci format:knock: .

Depends on what its use if for. If you are playing OpenGL games (Oblivion for instance, the X1900 is the way to go. If you are playing games that are pixelheavy (Doom 3, Quake 4, FEAR), then the 7900 is the way to go. I would personally probably with the X1900, although look on google for a performance chart that compares both of them. I will repost if I see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back