Best setup for non-gaming on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again,

I have posted previously on potential setups and I guess I never fully explained what I will be using my new noob owning machine for. I know this could draw heat, but I don't game on PC. The only gaming I do is with my xbox, so now that I got that out of the way, what is the best stuff for things like burning DVDs and encoding movies to ipod format. It is mostly for every day use, but at times I get out of control and have to push it to its limits. Here is what I am planning on putting together:

Pentium 4, 3.0GHZ HT Prescott
Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000G ATX Intel Motherboard
1GB Kingston ValueRAM 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB (already purchased for 80, good deal?)
Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s
Rosewill TU-155 Black 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Rosewill ATX12V 400W with P4 support Power Supply
ZALMAN CNPS7000B-ALCU 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan

Shall this suffice in terms of staying cool? Also, is the RAM decent, or shall I go with Corsair. Your thoughts are most appreciated as always.

Well, I have a Radeon X800 PRO 256MB PCI-e in my pc, which I use for gaming. So you might want to buy a cheap pos card instead of that card, because you can probably save some money.

Well I already have the card in my possession and I have not actually paid my friend for it so at the moment it is free!

try and go with an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ since it runs both 32 and 64 bit applicatin and has a higher bus and fewer bottlenecks than Intel, make sure u have large enough fans to keep the sweet graphics card running cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back