Bestec ATX 250-12Z Power supply won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day everyone,
maybe someone can give me some 'light' on this issue.

I have identified this as being a power supply problem, however, it may be related to another component within the mother board. This is what happens:

Since a couple of weeks back, I've noticed that my machine sometimes just won't boot up. The specifics of the PC hardware I assume are unimportant at the moment but just for the sake of explanation let me tell you that we are talking about a tower PC (de-branded HP P4, which as you all know that means, it has no support from its OEM.) Anyhow, the problem is that sometimes it just did not start up by pushing the power on button. Some of you may think it could be due to a problem with a loose cable or the sort, believe, that is not the case.

Well, this has been going on and off but since yesterday, my PC has been even more stubborn to power on. Today, after even removing all external cables and trying a few things........it did not power up, no fan, no sign of life but just a green light (I assume it's an LED) just below its power connector that, while the problem existed, it was blinking green. I even removed any cable from the HDD, DVD and any other power connector and still the same behaviour.

Ok, after trying this and that, I could finally make it boot up (by the way, I'm writing this from the same machine in mention) but I'm affraid this may happen again and probably it's a sign of something worse to come or just break completely.

Another thing I noted is that when the light is solid green, I can power up which gives me the impression the power supply was in a sort of locked state.

I've been looking for any manual or troubleshooting guide from the manufacturer (Bestec) in order to better identify the issue but have been unlucky so far. I wouldn't like to replace it without having more info. regarding what is causing it

Any ideas or anyway I can find this power supply troubleshooting manual????

Thank you so much for any reply towards solving my issue.

regards,

Moris.

That Bestec is really a piece of crap. Go get a Fortron 350W or higher PSU, and your problems are over. Check first if the PSU to motherboard connector is a 20 or 24-pin version and get the appropriate 20-24 adapter with it if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back