Bestec ATX-250-12Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved out of the US and plugged my computer in to 220V without changing the voltage switch (dumb).

It does not work even with the switch in the right place. I have the power supply out but was hoping if you could tell me if there is a reset option, I did not find a fuze, or I am I screwed?

You just applied 220 volts 50Hz to your wired 120 volt 60 Hz power supply. What do you think happened, you fried your power supply. Bestec supplies have trouble running at 120 volts for that matter. Replace the power supply. No fuse, no fix... Your screwed!

you can get away with switched for 220 volts and plugging in 120 volts, but not the other way around

Thanks, I figured I probably was but I am an eternal optimist...the problem is I live now in the Philippines and have no idea yet where to get a new one....totally screwed!! Will figure it out though!!

Killieman said:
Thanks, I figured I probably was but I am an eternal optimist...the problem is I live now in the Philippines and have no idea yet where to get a new one....totally screwed!! Will figure it out though!!

Eternal Optimist is a good thing! I'm sure you will find a computer supply store soon. Good luck :)

There were lots of good cheap 300, 400, and 600 watt power supplies at reasonable prices when I was last there in May... Some of the Dell power supplies come from there as well.

Several good parts stores in downtown manilla, and at the US bases there.

You should have no troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back