Better CPU (if applicable) or another 512mb Stick of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

eijmaster

First off my goal is to gain Gaming Performance. I have mobo MS-6378X-L. The specs say (Athlon XP up to 2000+). I'm hoping Im wrong but that means the "Limit" is an XP 2000+ right? If so then would an additional stick of 512mb help in gaming performance? or should I save for a better Video card? If not, what is the CPU limit? And would the CPU > 512mb RAM?

supersmashbrada said:
What video card do you currently have,

Radeon 9200 AGP 8x 128mb DDR

I also have a Diamond S9250 PCI 256mb DDR
I should prob just sell both and get a nice AGP. Right?

You need to add a little of each thing as you work up. Go to Google and find out the true speeds of AMD processors. They can be a little confusing with all their titles etc. To support a better GFX processor it follows that your cpu should replaced with a faster one to support the new graphics specs. Then you will want to upgrade ram to support the cpu and the graphics. Once you start to upgrade, you will find yourself needing "just one more thing".

7600 looks like a winner. What would you suggest pci wise for under $100? I have a situation where I might not be able to use the agp port. :-(

u might not be able to upgrade the agp port, you might as well spend the 100 bucks on a new platform then, buy a mobo that supports newer interface. I feel bad for you having to use that pci slot.

If your motherboard is AGP, and you want a PCI-e card, you will need to upgrade the MOBO too. Then you will need to upgrade the CPU as well since I believe that the 2000+ is 939; please correct me if I'm wrong. if you end up finding a 939 socket motherboard that supports PCIe, you'll be in much better shape

eijmaster said:
7600 looks like a winner. What would you suggest pci wise for under $100? I have a situation where I might not be able to use the agp port. :-(
PCI your choices are not many and performance is not the greatest.
The best you can get is a X1550 or a 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back