Not open for further replies.

Kitch

Ok so heres what i got from memory:

CPU-Athlon 64 3000+
Video-Radeon 9600 with current drivers
RAM- 1024 (2x512)
HDD-120 GB SATA
Mobo-939 something cant remember

Does anyone know what i would need to upgrade if i wanted to get better performance from elder scrolls oblivion? I can run the game comfortable in mid settings, but i want to max it out. any help is appreciated

a better video card. I get all my cards from Newegg

i don't know if your computer takes PCI, PCI-E, AGP, or AGP 4x/8x. so you need to find that out and look at the site yourself. i prefer nvidia over ati, so i reccomend a geforce 6800 or higher.

i have a 256mb 6600LE and it runs damn close to full settings, so im guessing a 256 6800 would let you do that.

either way you look at it, a better video card is the best way to go

I'd agree. Your priority is your graphics card. How much money can you spend? Give us a budget and we can help you pick one out.

Is a 6800 Ultra enough?

I have a friend who had a BFG 6800 Ultra 256mb (PCI-E) in his frag box and, according to him, it wasn't enough for him to run Oblivion on high settings. Of course, he may not know too much about tweaking it and I wasn't going to question it because he sold me the 6800 Ultra for $150, since he upgraded to a 7800 GT. So, maybe it was enough card, had he known a bit more about tweaking for performance?

I think my friend just wanted an excuse to upgrade

And, as I said, I wasn't complaining because I ended up with a sweet card at a sweet price. I might load Oblivion just to see how pretty it is, but I only like to play 1st person shooters.

RHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back