BF2 Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Lee

Yeah, this is my Seconed time posting this, last time was Late April I hope some one can help. Now, I have BF2. When I Join a sever 70 -160 ping or even 45 ping I end up having a connection Error. It would even be "laggy" at times when i could play(Specs listed at the end). I've tried to re-install the game which worked some times for like one day and then not anymore after that. I've tried some patches. Right now it's off my computer but i'm going to install it again and try to work on it, Will this be the end of BF for me? Please help me. Oh yeah BTW I also have the same problem with the new BF2142 Demo I get to play 4 or 5 sec then no more. T_T
CPU:AMD 3800x2
MOBO: ASUS A8N-E
VIDEO: EVGA 7800GT
RAM:1 GIG Patriot
PSW: Aspire 500 Watt
Internet: Brodband Road Runner Also, Wireless Card used for connection
Anything just ask, Please help.

I dont know if this helps but I can play these games just fine;
Counter Strike: Source, Guild Wars, Maple story(MMO)
I even used this TCPOptimizer. It canges some Redistrey settings. I can download faster by 300 or 400KB ^_^
Just thought that might help, because I dont have any problem on any other online game.

nick lee

if your using a no-cd patch it might be the wrong one. ????
if your using a cd you might have to up date your game with a server patch.??

I'm not using a no cd patch. And a server Patch?...ah i'm not sure how this would help. anything else?

Well heres a weird thing for ya. I was bored so I updated my videocard drivers from 91.31 to 91.47. And I can play the BF2142 demo with no connection problem at all. I dont know about the BF2 game because every time I try and Install it the game gets messed after the thrid disc, i doesn't want to ask for the third disc. Dont worry about it. I'll just go out on the 17th and buy the game (2142).

I sometimes get the same problem but i have no idea why!

Ill have to update my graphics card drivers see if that works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back