BF2 lags on high(just advice or thoughts are needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Lee

When I play BF2 my pc would stutter(LAG) on high with other people on multiplayer. Givin my specs should this even happen,
AMD 3000, 1gig fast ram, EVGA 7800GT, 500watt PSU, brodband (R&R)

The lag stoped when on mediem, I'm gettin' a 3800 duel core. whould this solve my problem. Would I also have to get another gig of ram?

And one other problem. Every now and than(every 2 or 3 days) when i'm done playing a game my CPU will run anywhere from 35 to 65 percent. But i go to End task manager and my process's say that my CPU is at idile 99 to 98% ..... ?_? >>> -_- i dont know if its my mother board or ...

I'm running the exact same as you, just a AMD 64 3500. I get shudders the first minute or two of the game, but then everything is fine on high. I'd say at this point for you, the processor would help more than the ram. You don't want to have everything bottlenecked by the CPU. However, 2 gigs will do wonders.

oh.. ok i'm getting the processor and i guess i'll get the second gig .. now does any one know why my cpu goes haywire at times. note the background services and other programs are not causing the malfunctions. In my own opinion it maybe my mobo but theres no tellin'.

yea get 2gb of ram for BF2 espessally if you play with 64 players, then maybe go for an amd 3700+ or 3800+ x2, and also close down AIM ect before playing

For you CPU running high:

Check for spyware/addware or any other programs running. I suggest running a HiJackThis check and see if that come up with anything. Anti-viruses are key resource hogs, try turning yours off next time.

-FOX-

Yeah .. umm the spyware/assware is not the problem, anti-vriuses are not the problem... i'll try again..

When I colse out of any game every now and then. It's like the CPU is under a "Trance" and it's thinks that the game is still on and I could leave it like that for an hour and it would not stop. Like I said before I think if I get a new mobo that will solve the problem and by then i'll have the 3800 x2 with the second gig.... this take a few months, but this problem isin't all that bad.

It's the proc. This is really bad on it when you alt + F4 on it, it will tend hang-up a none duel-core. I would denfently geta better cpu. My 38oo X2 runs it buttifully.

Best of luck...

Word of advice, if your using your computer for mostly gaming, or all gaming do not get a dual core, although dual core can run games fine with no problems or slow down, it cuts the speed in half of that of what you can have, dual core is more for multi tasking not gaming so you could be spending alot of money on something you may not entirely want, but its up to you in the end.

Ive got BF2 and alot of it is powered on RAM, but you should consider a processor upgrade first, my friend had alot of the same problems your having right now, and it could be for many reasons, low performing RAM maybe? i know this was a problem that my friend had..

HughJass said:
My question is, why do u have an ATI avatar if you have a 7800GT?

I keep forgetting to change that .... I'm always busy. I used to like ati more than nvidia. Now I like them equally.

AS for the other stuff i'll just get the 3800 X2 and a seconed gig.

go wit the fx series. or the 3800. Dual core isn't very special. I have used a 3800 x2 and its not (if any) better than my friends 3500+

are you getting any serious harddisk activity when BF2 is in play? I am using high too with A64 3000 on 1 GB Corsair DDR 400 and 6800GS and the most I will get shutters on is for about 1 or 2 mins in the initial play. THat is mostly due to Harddisk grinding away, may help to get more ram, defragment your harddrive etc. Defragmenting did the trick for me.

:blackeye:
Helixeagle said:
Word of advice, if your using your computer for mostly gaming, or all gaming do not get a dual core, although dual core can run games fine with no problems or slow down, it cuts the speed in half of that of what you can have, dual core is more for multi tasking not gaming so you could be spending alot of money on something you may not entirely want, but its up to you in the end.

Ive got BF2 and alot of it is powered on RAM, but you should consider a processor upgrade first, my friend had alot of the same problems your having right now, and it could be for many reasons, low performing RAM maybe? i know this was a problem that my friend had..

Trust me theres a big BIGG differents bettween my iny p4 3.2 ghz proc but only when it's over clocked, if your not going to overclock it theres no point of buying a 3800x2 cuz it sucks azz if you don't. So if your gonna get it overclock it to atleast 2.3ghz.

I have my at 2.51 ghz(stock speed is 2.01ghz) and it pwns and I join the game before anyone else.

When I'm running sbybot at highiest settings, ad-aware, dvd encodding, music, and playing bf2, I have no problem playing bf2 at highiest settings, withought any lag.

Last post on this matter-3800 X2

This proc sucks, it sucks x100

= sucks(100)

If it is not overclocked. It doesn't even get that hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back