BF2 Stats not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBN

Everyone's stats and ranks in battlefield 2 are not updating for quite some time now. Plus there is no official word from EA on the issue.

You guys know any better?

i dont rly play my bf2 but i kno in 2142 that there is a delay until the updated stats are shown on the website. I've noticed my stat's don't really update completely until the next day or so. ppl say it's just the delay b/w the ranked servers and the ea master server. idk really though.

But how long has it really been for them not being updated? days?

In general, EA has been very unorganized with their products; having issues every once in a while. I'm sure this will be resolved soon. I haven't played BF2 for about 1 1/2 weeks, so I'll have to go check it out :) .

i still play bf2 but i have lost all respect with EA because there lack of support with bf2.

They do have an official word. They even have updated their FAQ with the issue if you go to the main EA support site.
Link:
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14853
EDIT- Bookmark the above link and/or use the "Notify Me" button to get email notification of progress. They updated yet again today- 6/25 and are being good about letting players know they are working on it but no fix has been determined yet.

You also have to understand a couple things:
1) It is as they say- it's not effecting everyone in the same way. One of my profiles stopped updating on the 14th, the other stopped on the 17th. A work collegue's stopped on the 19th. It seems to be an issue that is growing.
2) BF2 has pretty much stopped rolling in revenue, yet EA still maintains a complex network of overrun servers, DB and backup/IT to maintain player profiles. This is coming *free* to players without any kind of subscription fee or charge. This kind of thing IS expensive and likely has a very expensive cost at EA to support.

While I also believe in a customer's rights to buy a game with an assumed support level, EA is PAYING to maintain this now that the game is old-hat. Newer expansion sales and Armor Packs are all that's financing the BFHQ for BF2. I just don't think they expected so many people to still be hammering BF2 after BF2142 was released and the load exceeds their projected budget to maintain this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back