BF2142 stuttery problems! >:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi79

Hi All,

This is my 1st thread ever,look i have been a BF fan ever since the first one came out,now recently i have supposedly upgraded my system which is has follows:-NEW SYSTEM

AMD64x2 DUAL CORE 4.2Ghz (AM2 Socket)
RADEON x1800xt 512mb (PCI-EXPRESS x16)
1 GIG DDR2 800MHZ (O.C.Z)
BARRACUDA 106GIG HDD (SATA)
Soundcard (Soundblaster Audigy 2)
ABIT KN9 SLI MAINBOARD (NOTE THAT I HAVENT GOT 2 CARDS IN YET!)

Now for some reason when i play BF2142 online or even singleplayer,its stuttery as hell ! ! but..sometimes which is rare,it will play ok,well it will start off stuttery then it will seem to rectify itself,but not 100%?
Also if i exit the game back to my desktop,i can still hear the music from the game playing for approx 1 min before it stops!

Now my old system in which i was running,before i "upgraded" had no problems at all,it used to load up super quick,not a bit of stutter or anything,this is with all setting set at high and all anti-anailising at full and anistrophic at full,which i dont understand has this new system,in my eyes should run even better?

This is the spec of my old system,please look and see if you can work out why i have this problem!:- OLD SYSTEM

AMD64 3.2GHZ (939 SOCKET)
RADEON x1800xt 512MB PCI-E X16 (SAME CARD)
2 GIG DDR400 MHZ (THIS WAS JUST A BUDGET MAKE BY LYNUX)
250GIG SATA HDD (DIAMOND MAX 2)
Soundcard (Soundblaster Audigy 2)
ABIT AN8 MOTHERBOARD.

I hope that i have given enough information on this and hopefully some of you out there can help me correct this problem so that i can get back to war a.s.a.p.

Please note that i have tried lowering my graphic settings,but still the same?

Many Thanks,
Rob.

I pre order BF2142 when it just got release, love that game. I think I'm the first C4 suicidal detonator :D meh.. i should frap all my action ingame that time, but my HD was full of games. anyway

Things you should do:
1. lower your setting
2. if you set view distance at 100%, and you went to a 32 players/NS maps; you will get shutter when the commander set arty strike near your location. So set everything to low and slowly adjust model or texture to medium to get some eye candy graphic.
3. adjust around your setting in single player mode.
4. turn off any background programs you don't need. (virus protection, firewall and leeching thingy etc)

If you already lower your graphic setting and it still shutter hmm... this one i can't help u buddy, beside trying to get an better video card or update your video card driver.

My card cost around $500 and it play pretty much every games out there at max setting (plus a good PSP, the rest is cheap parts lol, 1k system), and it almost serve me 1 year. My next upgrade probably adding in a crossfire :-D that would probably be 5 more year o.o

OK! i think i found your program... you got only 521 ram, thats a nono. Get around 1-2 gig mate. GL in your next investment.

You downgraded your RAM amount, buy another 1GB and the stuttering should go away. BF2 and later are one of the very few games that actually make work of 2GB RAM.

Concur on the RAM problem. I know BF2 has a huge problem with 512, and while 2142 was touted by some as more efficient 1GB should be the minimum. And you have a solid rig so the RAM will top it off.

Big Thank You To All Who Has Helped! ! :)

Just saying a big thank you to everyone who has replied with usefull info on the problem i am having,i think it may well be my ram!but i did think that a gig running at 800mhz ddr2 would be almost as good as 2 gig running at 400mhz?or is it the storage i want to be looking at also rather than speed?

Thank You All

Rob >:)

RAM speed matters very little, for DDR above 400mhz you won't notice a difference and for DDR2 you shouldn't really notice a difference above 533mhz/667mhz depending on setup.
You can make your computer as fast as you want but when there's no where to store data there's no where to store data, extra mhz isn't going to give you extra space.

hi all again,

Did i mention that i did have bf2142 running fine once!on the setup ive got now,and my relative has more or less got the same setup well this is roughly what his is,but it plays fine on his with all setting s on high?
as follows:-

amd64 3.5 (939 Socket)
1gig kingston ram (400mhz)
Radeon x1800xt 512MB (Same card as mine)PCI-E
160 gig diamond max sata

What im saying is that my cpu is greater plus it is dual core,same amount of ram but mines faster,same card and so on,all in all i think mine is better spec but still wont play bf2142 AAAaaaaargh!!!! and i dont want to buy ram and find that this aint the problem!

Thanks yet again for your replies,but i just want to be sure thats all.

Regards.

It depends on what processes you have running in the background. AV apps (especially those like Norton and McAfee) and viruses/trojans will slow down performance very much. Try scanning with AVG free and with any anti-spyware like Ad-Aware and Spybot: Search & Destroy and see what they catch. Feel free to google for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back