Bidding for your Gmail account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
We missed this bit of news several days ago however given people's continued interest in Gmail accounts I thought it was still worth a post. Google's Gmail service which remains on beta (and invitation only) has captured a lot of attention after it was confirmed that it will provide 1GB of storage space.

As our forum member Rick pointed out earlier today, beta invitiations are going fast and continue to be sold on eBay in some cases, while the typical going rate is about $30-40 USD, some have sold for as much as $200.

Any of you got your account yet? I was lucky enough to get (thanks to buddy Andres) "juliofranco@..." already, the service is nice and fast, as one should expect from the search giant.

Hey is that me? thanks Julio!...

Yeah, gmail is pretty fast and the GUI is also very well designed. If you haven't noticed, or the visitors I guess, I posted the GUI at the gallery as well.

Yeah, I'd like to get one too. I do not see any contact info there for those interested, so I guess they must have all the tester they need.

I signed up for the Gmail updates newsletter, hoping I can get some contact info from that and maybe see if I can jump in and get to beta test this thing myself. It is only a mail service when you think about it, but the truth is google has been such a big help for researching and diagnosing problems at home and at work(specially google groups) that it is only fair I help with something.

i too want a gmail, account

i too want a gmail account...

could some one help me out...?

ragesh menon

I got one invite right off...

I've not gotten another one.

I'm thinkign the beta is about through, and they may be going live as early as September.

Originally posted by Goalie
I got one invite right off...

I've not gotten another one.

Same here, I got one within a week of signing up, and expected more, but I haven't seen them. I guess that's over with, it's been over two months now.

I think it works so that the more you use it the more invitations you'll get. But I'm not 100% sure. If I remember correctly, I had three in April, I used it a bit, got some more, invited three people, now I have five left. And no, I don't feel like inviting TS newcomers :p

Rick gave me one. He's my hero. :) Mic, that is fine, although I am not just any newcomer. I have been here awhile I just don't get to post as much as I would like. I do work full time, go to school full time, have an 8, 7, 5 year old and a 2 month old baby as well as two step kids ages 5 and 3. I jsut bought a house and am busy installing sprinklers and this weekend sod. So as you can see, I am kinda busy. :)

Anyway, I also help out with the techspot distributed computing effort. Just check out the seti records. I am d_broncofan there. :)

gmail invite

I'd love to receive a gmail invite, I'm only allowed 3mb file transfers, i understand that the gmail allows 100mb files is that true???

Please If anyone can spare 1 invite that'd be fantastic...in fact here is a cool joke for it...

There's a Scotsman, American & Canadian, speeding within the city limits.
And they all reach the same 4 point Intersection, where the traffic lights are'nt working right.
So they all decide to run the amber and red lights, at the same time *)(&*(&CRASH^$^%$#%$# they ALL hit each other's car, and fatally killing themselves in the process.
So then they all go up to heaven where St. Peter is standing at the Pearly Gates of heaven, as they all approach St. Peter, St. Peter says "names please", and the 3 gentlemen comply, he then promptly starts to figit with his clipboard, and turns a paler shade of white.
St. Peter then turns to the 3 men and whispers to them all. " what are you men doing here", It's not your time yet, all you men have many happy years ahead of you, this isn't right, what caused your deaths anyways?
The American said well we were all speeding on Earth, and neither one of us wanted to slow down for the traffic lights, so we got in an accident, died and here we all are...
"Well, well, well", said St.Peter, "this will never do", because it's not your time to die, you 3 guys would screw up our people ledger, and possibly put the census count in heaven in disarray".
"Hmmmmm", says St.Peter, "I tell you what, give me $500 each and I can send you 3 guys back down to Earth"...
The American, pulls out $500 and pays St.Peter, "no problem" he says...........
And ***SHAAZZZAAM***, he is instantly back down on Earth sitting in his crash wreck of a car.
Just then a policeman comes rushing up to his window, and shouts, "move away from the window Sir", the policeman then proceeds to break the drivers side window of the Americans car, and sees that the American is concious asks him what happened, and where are the other drivers of the other cars???????

The American tells the officer his story about: the 2 other guys, the crash, going to heaven, meeting St.Peter, big mistake in heaven, paying St.Peter $500, and then appearing back in his car seconds later......

Then the policeman asks, "Well then whatever happened to the Scotsman & the Canadian?",
The American replyed: " The Scotsman is haggling over the price, and the Canadian is insisting his government pay it................:.LOL

:grinthumb :grinthumb

(Thanks a million very kind person) :grinthumb :grinthumb

post scriptum:

(Q) What does George W Bush & Martha Stewart have in common?????

(A) They are both scared of long sentences......:)LOL

Have you seen this: http://hp.ms/mictlan-metal/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back