BIG BLACK SQUARE after EZ FLASH ASUS P4C800 Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
P4C800 Deluxe
P4 2.6GHz HT 800MHz FSB
2 GB Memory (512MB X 4)
GeForce 3 TI AGP

1) I just wanted to check out EZ FLASH utility for the first time; I had this motherboard for 2 years and I wanted to upgrade to the fastest CPU it supported but I had to upgrade my BIOS. Again, EZ FLASH is something I've never checked out before so I thought it would be OK just to go into the utility without flashing. At the time, I didn't have a diskette with BIOS. So I go into EZ FLASH then obviously, it asked for diskette or CD-ROM. I didn't have it at the time, so I simply hit the restart button and rebooted the computer

2) After that my display has a big black square on the top right corner almost 1/5 the size of the screen; it shows up the moment the BIOS Logo shows up so I know it's not the operating system. I also tried loading default settings and rebooted. The black square was still there.

3) I thought maybe the BIOS may have gotten corrupted so I flashed to the latest version 1019 (from 1008) using EZ FLASH. After that, I still have the black square after doing that.

4) I tried clearing RTC RAM using the jumper and hope this will fix it but again, the black square is still there!

PLEASE HELP!! I have a big black square on my screen and I can't work like this. :eek:

Is it the place where you usually see the "Energy Star" or other pretty logos? Does EZ Flash let you change the logo thing? Maybe it cleared out the bitmap and you need to put something in there to make it work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back