BIG problems with nvidia G-Force FX5200 graphics card- Help!!! Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly i'd just like to point out im not the greatest with computers, but i am a fast learner :)

Basically i've been using my computer with its onboard graphics for the last six months. I decided i wanted a seperate graphics card for a game i wanted so i picked up a g-force fx5200 128mb.

Put it in, left my monitor plugged into old port (expecting to install software when i rebooted) ...started up my computer and the monitor stayed black, so i plugged it into the new fx's port and it came on...

...however even though my monitor is now running through the new card my computer seems to have no knowledge of it, it doesnt show up in control panel or on any hardware scans. Tried just running the disc that came with the card but that seems to just quickly run through the install process but no icons appear like it has properly installed and still unable to play the game?!?!?

So if you could put me on the right track it would be much appreciated!! If theres any specs you need to know just gimmi a shout.

Thanks guys!!!

depending on your computer type, ther eare several ways of disab ling the onboard graphics adapter (you want to do this). this can eb done via the bios, or by disabling it in device menager. then you need to download and install the latest nvidia drivers (www.nvidia.com) for your card. upon the prescribed reboot you should have full functionality.

PS > i hope you don't expect to play anythign special, because the fx5200 is a lackluster card.

hi...i really need help with my ge force fx 5200.....i play this game called guild wars...evrytime i play evrything around me starts flashing after a while...n wen i quit da game sumtimes...da color n stuff goes to lowest(4bit)n i cant make it higher unless i restart....i was told to try n update da drivers...since mim a real noob at computers i dint wanna do neting in a hury....or else i crash ma comp or sumtin....cud sum1 plz explain to me in da simplest possible way how i cud get over my problem...plz....
ps-im much more noober dan ordinary noobs.....much much much noober....sorry...ill learn fast..plz help plz

start your own thread, soulreaver. also, try seperating into sentences when you make the post. making your post hard to read is a good way to get it ignored. do not hijack this thread, which deals with Ketch's problem only.

Hello Ketch

What type of motherboard are we talking about here? Go to BIOS to advanced look for Intergrated Perp. make sure you card is set for AGP not PCI also set your Agp apagure size to 256 for a 128 card or 512 of a 256 card check this out and let us know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back