Biggest crash i've had yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to keep this short & sweet:
yeaterday,, when i tried to start my system, i got the "system didn't start normally screen" , tried to start in safe mode & then each of the other available modes with the same result. my bios screen was coming up, but it's an oem installed system & useless, couldn't open anything at all in it. After several hours of frustration, i attempted to re-install windows from disc. no can do, always got the bsod with varying error messages, several of which referenced irq conflicts, also, tried using a full version of xp home that i don't use, but no dice. The error messages were always different too. After several tries to install, the installation just halted at the "installing windows executive" screen. The next try all i got was spinning fans , no reading any discs or from a floppy. I tried to run a copy of spinrite to see if it's the hard drive, but it won't even read that. Current situation is that when i fire it up, all i get is case lights and fans, the disc access light activates, but i do not see or hear anything that indicates disc activity. My next planned step is to replace the cmos battery, I don't think it's the issue, but it's all i know to do.
ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE ENORMOUSLY APPRECIATED, I'M USING MY OLD LADIES LAPTOP AND HATE IT THANK YOU

cathouse1320 said:
I'll try to keep this short & sweet:
yeaterday,, when i tried to start my system, i got the "system didn't start normally screen" , tried to start in safe mode & then each of the other available modes with the same result. my bios screen was coming up, but it's an oem installed system & useless, couldn't open anything at all in it. After several hours of frustration, i attempted to re-install windows from disc. no can do, always got the bsod with varying error messages, several of which referenced irq conflicts, also, tried using a full version of xp home that i don't use, but no dice. The error messages were always different too. After several tries to install, the installation just halted at the "installing windows executive" screen. The next try all i got was spinning fans , no reading any discs or from a floppy. I tried to run a copy of spinrite to see if it's the hard drive, but it won't even read that. Current situation is that when i fire it up, all i get is case lights and fans, the disc access light activates, but i do not see or hear anything that indicates disc activity. My next planned step is to replace the cmos battery, I don't think it's the issue, but it's all i know to do.
ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE ENORMOUSLY APPRECIATED, I'M USING MY OLD LADIES LAPTOP AND HATE IT THANK YOU

If the CMOS Battery replacement does no good, and all of your cables are hooked in correctly, I would try another power supply from a different computer to see if that is the boot up problem, and then we'll go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back