BIOS does not recognize RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I have a Giga-Byte GA-K8NSC939 mother board that I had to replace the RAM on (the KingMax 1 GB DDR-400 stick was apparently going bad). I replaced it with 4 identical 1 GB G. Skill DDR 400 PC3200 ram...when I boot up, BIOS ops up saying that I have 512 MB RAM, but then goes on to recoginze that Dual-Channel is enabled. Is it possible for the entire memory module to go bad...I keep on getting a blue screen too, and when I run windows debugger, the code point to memory issues. (I run Windows XP Pro on this machine).

I tried it, same thing. When the machine boots up, the BIOS reports 512 MB, but Windows recognizes 2.0 MB. I keep getting the blue screen of death (BAD_POOL_CALLER), which like I mentioned beofre, Windows Debugger pointed to a memory problem. It did this with the old RAM as well. Another thing...I used the highly-recommended Crucial RAM scanner (@crucial.com), and both with the old RAm and the new RAM, the scanner does not recognize any RAM being present (it reports all 4 slots to be empty).

It sounded like nothing wrong with your rams even the ones you had replaced. Have you considered it may be the mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back